Before you return
Before coming back to University College Birmingham, you should make sure that you have done all of the following things that apply to you:
- If you are a full-time undergraduate student from the UK who requires a tuition fee loan and/or maintenance support, you should have completed your online 2018/19 Application or paper-based form and submitted it to the relevant Student Finance Company. See the Money Matters section for further Information.
- If you are a full-time undergraduate student from a European Union country other than the UK requiring a tuition fee loan, you should have completed your declaration form, which can be obtained by
logging into your Student Finance account online. If Student Finance have not provided you with the declaration, you will need to complete form EUPR1a and return it to Student Finance Services.
- You should ensure that you have organised your accommodation and paid any deposit or pre-payment, if applicable.
- If you are a part-time undergraduate student from the UK who requires a tuition fee loan, you should have completed your online 2018/19 Application or paper-based form and submitted it to Student Finance.
- If you are a full-time undergraduate student from a European Union country other than the UK requiring a tuition fee loan, you should have completed your 2018/19 paper-based application form and returned it to Student Finance.
On your return
When you return to University College Birmingham you should:
- Be sure to attend the induction session for your course.
- Renew your NUS membership and any travel cards which may entitle you to cheaper travel on rail and/or bus in the West Midlands area.
- Ensure that you complete and return any forms as requested by University College Birmingham before the start of term.
- If you have not yet successfully completed an item of assessment from any of your modules, you may have an exam to re-sit, or an assignment to re-submit. Check with your Year Manager and the Examinations Office about any dates and deadlines that you need to know. If you are required to repeat a module in full, you will normally have to pay a repeat fee for the second attempt.
To extend your Visa in the UK if applicable, you are required to complete an appropriate application form and submit a number of original documents. You can obtain the necessary forms from the International Student Centre on the Second Floor of The Link building or by visiting the UK Visas and Immigration page of the Gov.UK website.
International Student Adviser
The International Student Adviser provides visa extension workshops to support non-EU students with their visa extension applications. Please check Canvas @ University College Birmingham and book a place in the workshops 8 weeks before your visa expires. These workshops take place every Tuesday and Friday at 11:00am. You can also enquire by email.
Please note that visa extensions are the responsibility of individual students and University College Birmingham is not responsible for the outcome of your application. Please visit the UK Visas and Immigration page of the Gov.UK website for updates and further information.
Help at Hand
Details of other support that you may need during your time at University College Birmingham, such as The Student Services Unit and hired@UCB, which is the Careers and Employabil…Read More
Health and Wellbeing
Here at UCB, we want to help you get the most out of your time with us. We recognise that good health and wellbeing are fundamental for effective study and a positive stu…Read More
Getting your Views Heard
We are sure you will have opinions about your experience while you are studying at University College Birmingham and we would like to hear them.Read More
Over your course of study you will be assessed using a variety of techniques. Assessment plays a significant role in your learning experience.Read More
Assessment Fairness and Marking
This page explains how University College Birmingham ensures that all work undertaken and examinations sat by our students are considered fairly.Read More
Come and visit us on one of our Open Days, where you can find out more about our courses, our facilities and speak to current students and staff.Read More