Support for UK and EU students
University College Birmingham provides a range of support designed to encourage individuals to access programmes of study at undergraduate and postgraduate level and to be successful in their studies. Part of this support is in the form of financial support and other benefits.
The Kick-Start Scheme
For new students starting a full-time undergraduate or PGCE course, University College Birmingham will provide financial support in the form of the ‘The Kick-Start Scheme’. Eligible students will receive credit of up to £800, which can be used on a dedicated website to purchase course-related materials or on certain items within UCB. The great news is these funds don't need to be paid back!
Selected students will be entitled to an electronic tablet, pre-loaded with relevant Apps, to assist you in your studies.
Scholarships and bursaries
Fee waivers – it pays to stay
Undergraduate students progressing to Postgraduate Studies
- UCB students who achieve a first class Honours degree awarded by UCB in the previous academic year, will receive a discount on their tuition fees of £1200 (£865 in year 1, £335 in year 2). No application necessary (UK/EU students only)
- 2020 has been a challenging year and for this year only, progressing UCB students (excluding those who have achieved a first class Honours, see above) completing their degree in 2020 will receive £600 off their PG fees (Excluding PGCE students who will receive the fee waiver below). No Application necessary. We will apply the discount at enrolment. Note; you can apply for a Postgraduate Loan- value £11,222.
PGCE Progression Fee Waiver
- Home or EU students who progress from a UCB BA/BSc(Hons) course onto the UCB PGCE course without a break in study, will receive a fee waiver £1200 (in 2020/21). No specific application is necessary. UCB will review all PGCE programme applications and apply the fee waiver to any eligible student.
- *Discount for PGCE+ (students who already have a University College Birmingham PGCE and wish to complete a further 60 credits to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma). PGCE must have been achieved within the last 5 years.
- **£500 discount if PGCE fee is paid in full by 9th October 2020.
Support for international students
Health and wellbeing
We know good health and wellbeing are essential for you to enjoy your university experience and study effectively. Our dedicated team are here to help you.Read More
Learning Services are the spaces for you to study, resources for you to use and support available to you so that you get the most out of your studies at University College B…Read More
Helping you get hired
hired@UCB is our dedicated careers, employability and placements service for students and alumni at University College Birmingham.Read More