Undergraduate Fees

Full-time tuition fees

If you are a UK student enrolling on a Foundation Degree or a BA/BSc at University College Birmingham in 2021/22, your fee for this academic year will be £9,250. A half-year tuition fee is £4,625.

Accelerated (2 years) course fees will also be at £9,250 for the 2021/22 academic year.

  • This is a yearly fee and will increase with inflation in subsequent years (in line with the government’s permitted rise).
  • If you are an English or student studying your first higher education qualification, you can apply for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England. You will not start repaying this loan until you leave the course and are earning over £27,295 a year
  • If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you should apply to SAAS, Student Finance Wales or Student Finance Northern Ireland. The loans and grants available to you will differ from those available from Student Finance England.
  • University College Birmingham does not charge UK students for 24 or 48-week placements. 

Scholarships and fee waivers

University College Birmingham provides a range of support designed to encourage individuals to access programmes of study.

Find out more

English tuition fees

Student Finance England is the organisation set up by the Government to provide you with money in order to pay for your course.

Read more

Welsh tuition fees

Student Finance Wales is the organisation set up by the Government to provide you with loans and grants in order to pay for your course and to help you with living costs.

Read more

Northern Irish / Scottish tuition fees

Information about funding for Northern Irish / Scottish students studying at University College Birmingham.

Read more

Students from the EU

EU students can apply through Student Finance for a tuition fee loan in order to pay for your course, whilst you are studying towards your first undergraduate degree or PGCE. This means that there is no need to pay any upfront tuition fees to go to university.

Any loans provided by Student Finance England only have to be repaid from the April after you have left the course and only if you are earning more than £26,575 per year.

If you are an EU student who has been living in England for more than 5 years prior to the start of your course, you can apply through Student Finance England for a maintenance loan to help you with your living costs, as well as a tuition fee loan.

EU/EEA or Swiss students working in the UK, or with family members working in the UK may be able to apply to Student Finance England for maintenance and tuition support.

Guide to Student Finance for EU students


Latest news for EU students

The UK Government has confirmed that EU students will continue to be eligible for ‘home fees’ for entry in September 2020 and therefore WILL continue to have access to financial support via student loans for the duration of their course. Further information can be found here.

EU nationals who start a higher education course in England in the 2020/21 academic year will remain eligible for undergraduate and postgraduate financial support, Advanced Learner loans, as well as FE and apprenticeships support if they have pre-settled or settled status.

Academic Year 2021/2022

Following the UK’s departure from the EU, it has been confirmed that most EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals starting courses on or after 1 August 2021 will not be eligible for support from Student Finance England.

These changes will not affect EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals benefiting from Citizens’ Rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement, EEA EFTA Separation Agreement or Swiss Citizens’ Rights Agreement respectively.

Irish nationals living in the UK or Ireland will also not be affected by these changes and will continue to be eligible for support.

Students whose courses start before 1 August 2021 will continue to get student finance for the rest of their course.

Find out more

Back to top