Postgraduate tuition fee information
This information is applicable to home and EU students with settled or pre-settled status. Overseas students can find more information on our international tuition fees page.
English and EU students with settled or pre-settled status studying a full master's degree are eligible for a postgraduate loan from Student Finance.
Please note, if you are planning to study the MA/MSc (but will be exempt one or more modules) or if you are planning on studying the Postgraduate Diploma, these courses will not be eligible for a postgraduate loan.
The postgraduate loan is not applicable to PGCE students. The standard undergraduate package of Student Finance is available to those studying a PGCE.
European Students based outside the UK
Following the UK’s departure from the EU, it has been confirmed that most EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals starting courses on or after 1 August 2021 will not be eligible for support from Student Finance England.
Irish nationals living in the UK or Ireland will not be affected by these changes and will continue to be eligible for support.
At University College Birmingham, we would like to support our EU applicants through this transition, therefore, we are offering an automatic EU Transition Award to all eligible EU students who start their studies at UCB in September 2021 or January 2022. Find out more about our EU transition award.
Postgraduate tuition fees
|Course type||September 2020 and January 2021||September 2021|
1) MSc Strength, Conditioning and Performance
2) MA Prosthetics for Film and Television
|All other MA/MSc courses||£7,250||£8,000|
|Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip)||
|Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Assessment Route Only||£2,000||£2,000|
* Discount for PGCE+ (students who already have a University College Birmingham PGCE and wish to complete a further 60 credits to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma). PGCE must have been achieved within the last 5 years.
** £500 discount if PGCE fee is paid in full by 8th October 2021.
(2021 fees are subject to approval)
Fee waivers – it pays to stay
Undergraduate students progressing to postgraduate studies
- University College Birmingham students who achieve a first class honours degree awarded by us in the previous academic year will receive a discount on their tuition fees of £1,200 (£865 in year 1, £335 in year 2). No application necessary (UK/EU students with pre-settled or settled status only).
- £600 discount for University College Birmingham Students progressing with any other classification achieved in the previous year
PGCE progression fee waiver
- Home or EU students (with pre-settled or settled status only) who progress from a University College Birmingham BA/BSc (Hons) course onto our PGCE course without a break in study will receive a fee waiver £1,200 (in 2021/22). No specific application is necessary. We will review all PGCE programme applications and apply the fee waiver to any eligible student.
- * Discount for PGCE+ (students who already have a University College Birmingham PGCE and wish to complete a further 60 credits to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma). PGCE must have been achieved within the last five years.
- ** £500 discount if PGCE fee is paid in full by 8th October 2021.
Paying your own fees
You can pay your fees in up to three instalments each year. If you do not keep up with the agreed instalment dates, you may be withdrawn from your course. The tables below provide the instalment dates for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic years. Instalment dates for future academic years will be published here as they become available.
2020/21 Tuition fee payment plan
|Payment amount||My course starts in September 2020||My course starts in February 2021|
|1/3 of invoice amount||5th October 2020||8th February 2021|
|1/3 of invoice amount||11th January 2021||26th April 2021|
|1/3 of invoice amount||26th April 2021||27th September 2021|
Discover our full range of postgraduate courses at University College Birmingham.Read more
Supported by a £130 million investment in new campuses, equipment and resources, University College Birmingham's facilities are nothing short of world class.Read more
All the information you need about applying for one of our postgraduate courses at University College Birmingham.Read more
Whatever help you need to succeed in your studies, our learning support teams are committed to giving all our students the advice, skills and practical tools to discover your…Read more