English and EU students studying a full master's degree are eligible for a postgraduate loan from Student Finance.
Please note, if you are planning to study the MA/MSc (but will be exempt one or more modules) or if you are planning on studying the Postgraduate Diploma, these courses will not be eligible for a postgraduate loan.
The postgraduate loan is not applicable to PGCE students. The standard undergraduate package of Student Finance is available to those studying a PGCE.
Postgraduate tuition fees
|Course type||2020/21 tuition fee|
1) MSc Strength, Conditioning and Performance
2) MA Prosthetics for Film and Television
|All other MA/MSc courses||£7,250|
|Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip)||
|Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Assessment Route Only||£2,000|
*Discount for PGCE+ (students who already have a University College Birmingham PGCE and wish to complete a further 60 credits to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma). PGCE must have been achieved within the last 5 years.
**£500 discount if PGCE fee is paid in full by 9th October 2020.
Fee waivers – it pays to stay
Undergraduate students progressing to postgraduate studies
- University College Birmingham students who achieve a first class honours degree awarded by us in the previous academic year will receive a discount on their tuition fees of £1,200 (£865 in year 1, £335 in year 2). No application necessary (UK/EU students only).
- 2020 has been a challenging year and for this year only, progressing University College Birmingham students (excluding those who have achieved a first class honours, see above) completing their degree in 2020 will receive £600 off their postgraduate fees (excluding PGCE students who will receive the fee waiver below). No application necessary. We will apply the discount at enrolment. Note: you can apply for a postgraduate loan- value £11,222.
PGCE progression fee waiver
- Home or EU students who progress from a University College Birmingham BA/BSc (Hons) course onto our PGCE course without a break in study will receive a fee waiver £1,200 (in 2020/21). No specific application is necessary. We will review all PGCE programme applications and apply the fee waiver to any eligible student.
- *Discount for PGCE+ (students who already have a University College Birmingham PGCE and wish to complete a further 60 credits to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma). PGCE must have been achieved within the last five years.
- **£500 discount if PGCE fee is paid in full by 9th October 2020.
Students enrolling in 2020/21
|Length of course||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|1 year||100% of fee||-||-|
|Up to 2 years||50% of total course||50% of invoice||-|
|3 years (part-time)||33.33% of invoice||33.33% of invoice||33.33% of invoice|
Paying your own fees
You can pay your fees in up to three instalments each year. If you do not keep up with the agreed instalment dates, you may be withdrawn from your course. The tables below provide the instalment dates for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic years. Instalment dates for future academic years will be published here as they become available.
2020/21 Tuition fee payment plan
|Payment amount||My course starts in September 2020||My course starts in February 2021|
|1/3 of invoice amount||5th October 2020||8th February 2021|
|1/3 of invoice amount||11th January 2021||26th April 2021|
|1/3 of invoice amount||26th April 2021||27th September 2021|
Discover our full range of postgraduate courses at University College Birmingham.Read More
Supported by a £130 million investment in new campuses, equipment and resources, University College Birmingham's facilities are nothing short of world class.Read More
Student life – higher education
Everything you need to know about being a higher education student at University College Birmingham, including support for study, health and wellbeing, careers…Read More
All the information you need about applying for one of our postgraduate courses at University College Birmingham.Read More
Learning Services are the spaces for you to study, resources for you to use and support available to you so that you get the most out of your studies at University College B…Read More