There is no upfront payment required
However, if you wish to pay your tuition fees and have been classed as a Home student, you will receive an early payment discount if you pay your tuition fees in full before October 2022 (for September starters).
- If your tuition fee is £9,250 (excluding any fee waivers), you will receive an early payment discount of £500
- If your tuition fee is £4,625 (excluding any fee waivers), you will receive an early payment discount of £250
Alternatively, you can pay by equal instalments.
Course year starts in September 2022
|Dates of Instalments||In attendance at University from September 2022 - June 2023||Finishing your course year or are due to go out on placement in January 2023||Returning from placement in January 2023|
|31 October 2022||✔||✔||N/A|
|31 January 2023||✔||✔||N/A|
|31 March 2023||✔||N/A||✔|
|31 May 2023||✔||N/A||✔|
Course year starts in February 2023
|Dates of instalments||
In attendance at University from February 2023 - December 2023
|Finishing your course year or are due to go out on placement in June 2023||Returning from placement in September 2023|
|31st March 2023||✔||✔||N/A|
|31st May 2023||✔||✔||N/A|
|31st October 2023||✔||N/A||✔|
|31st January 2024||✔||N/A||✔|
How to pay your tuition fees
Tuition fees can be paid using the following methods:
- In person at the 1st Floor Finance Office in The Link, by cash, cheque, and most major credit/debit cards. Cheques should be made payable to UCB.
- Over the phone on 0121 232 4017 using most major credit/debit cards.
- Online by visiting our online payments page.
- Directly into the University’s bank account. Please telephone 0121 232 4017 or email email@example.com for the University’s bank account details.
A sponsor is paying my tuition fees
If your employer/government or other sponsor is paying your tuition fees, you must bring a letter from your sponsor (on headed paper) to confirm this when you come to enrol. If you are an existing student, please bring this letter to the Finance Office, First Floor, The Link. The letter should include the period for which the sponsor will pay your tuition fees (i.e. for the academic year only, or for the duration of the course).
Policies and regulations
Information regarding how University College Birmingham is governed, including documents on the University's strategy and management.Read more
Scholarships and waivers
We provide a range of support to encourage access to our courses, from academic and sporting scholarships to fee waivers and our electronic tablet scheme.Read more
Online and part-time fees
Find out more about tuition fees and funding options for UK and EU students on our part-time or online courses at University College Birmingham.Read more
International tuition fees
Find out more information about tuition fees, payment procedures and scholarships for international students at University College Birmingham.Read more
Helping you get hired
hired@UCB is our dedicated careers, employability and placements service for students and alumni at University College Birmingham.Read more