There is no upfront payment required. However, if you do wish to pay your tuition fees yourself, you will receive an early payment discount if you pay your tuition fees in full before 9th October 2020 (for September starters).
- If your tuition fee is £9,250 (excluding any fee waivers) you will receive an early payment discount of £500
- If your tuition fee is £4,625 (excluding any fee waivers) you will receive an early payment discount of £250
Alternatively, you can pay by equal instalments.
Course year starts in September 2020
|Dates of Instalments||In attendance at University from September 2020 - June 2021||Finishing your course year or are due to go out on placement in January 2021||Returning from placement in January 2021|
|31 October 2020||✔||✔||N/A|
|31 January 2021||✔||✔||N/A|
|31 March 2021||✔||N/A||✔|
|31 May 2021||✔||N/A||✔|
Course year starts in January 2021
|Dates of instalments||In attendance at University from January 2021 - December 2021||Finishing your course year or are due to go out on placement in June 2021||Returning from placement in September 2021|
|31st March 2021||✔||✔||N/A|
|31st May 2021||✔||✔||N/A|
|31st October 2021||✔||N/A||✔|
|31st January 2022||✔||N/A||✔|
How to pay your tuition fees
Tuition fees can be paid using the following methods:
- In person at the 1st Floor Finance Office in The Link, by cash, cheque, and most major credit/debit cards. Cheques should be made payable to UCB.
- Over the phone on 0121 232 4017 using most major credit/debit cards.
- Online by visiting our online payments page.
- Directly into the University’s bank account. Please telephone 0121 232 4017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the University’s bank account details.
A sponsor is paying my tuition fees
If your employer/government or other sponsor is paying your tuition fees, you must bring a letter from your sponsor (on headed paper) to confirm this when you come to enrol. If you are an existing student, please bring this letter to Katrina Evenett, Rhianne Anderson, Emily Bryan or Sunny Mehan in the Finance Office, First Floor, The Link. The letter should include the period for which the sponsor will pay your tuition fees (i.e. for the academic year only, or for the duration of the course).
Policies and regulations
Information regarding how University College Birmingham is governed, including documents on the University's strategy and management.Read more
Scholarships and waivers
We provide a range of support to encourage access to our courses, from academic and sporting scholarships to fee waivers and our electronic tablet scheme.Read more
Online and part-time fees
Find out more about tuition fees and funding options for UK and EU students on our part-time or online courses at University College Birmingham.Read more
International tuition fees
Find out more information about tuition fees, payment procedures and scholarships for international students at University College Birmingham.Read more
Helping you get hired
hired@UCB is our dedicated careers, employability and placements service for students and alumni at University College Birmingham.Read more