Helping get your goals off the ground
All students/graduates who are being coached as part of the Transformation West Midlands project are eligible to apply for financial assistance to help support with the development of skills and progression into a graduate career.
This is normally limited to £100 and is assessed on an individual basis in discussion with your Progression Coach and the Project Manager.
Before applying, you must discuss your requirements for funding with your progression coach who will assess the suitability of your claim(s).
The fund covers (but not limited to):
- Travel costs to and from an interview/internship/placement/voluntary experience/conference
- International travel to secure international work experience
- Accommodation costs - if you needed to undertake an assessment centre outside the West Midlands region, for example
- DBS check fees, UCAS application fees etc.
- Registration or membership with a professional organisation/body
- Childcare cover for an interview
- Fees for short courses
The fund does not cover:
- Capital and electronic items (for example, photography equipment, laptop, software and recording equipment)
- Tuition fees which go towards your current undergraduate course or any further study postgraduate courses you wish to undertake
- Rent and/or mortgage payments
- Utilities and other day-to-day living costs
If you would like to claim for something not listed above or you are unsure of, please discuss this with your progression coach.
1-2-1 Progression Coaching
Coaching can help you realise and appreciate your strengths, to unlock your potential and inner motivation.Read more
By becoming a reverse mentor, you have the power to influence and shape the recruitment strategies and actions of businesses and employers.Read more
How can we support you
This project is about enabling those who seek local employment to gain the personal support they need in terms of thinking about, planning and reaching their career goa…Read more
Helping you find success after university
Transformation West Midlands is all about giving local and regional students and graduates every chance possible to gain higher skilled employment.Read more
Health and wellbeing
We know good health and wellbeing are essential for you to enjoy your university experience and study effectively. Our dedicated team are here to help you.Read more
Whatever help you need to succeed in your studies, our learning support teams are committed to giving all our students the advice, skills and practical tools to discover your…Read more