Fees, Assessment and Payment

Home/EU students

Please bring your Student Finance Entitlement Letter from the Student Loans Company, or a letter from your sponsor to enrolment.  EU students should bring any letters received from the Student Loans Company concerning fees. This will enable us to assess your tuition fees quickly and will speed up the enrolment process.  If you have not applied for your tuition fees to be paid, and are going to pay them yourself, please let the fees assessor know when you enrol and they will note this on your enrolment form.

If you enrol at the University during September, you will receive an invoice for your tuition fees at enrolment. Fees for Home and EU students may be paid as follows:

  • students in University from September to June can pay in four equal instalments; by 31st October 2017, 31st January 2018, 31st March 2018 and 31st May 2018 respectively.
  • students in University from September to January can pay in two equal instalments; by 31st October 2017 and 31st January 2018 respectively.

Alternatively, if you pay your fees in full before 6th October 2017, you will receive an early payment discount of £500, if your tuition fee is £9,075, or £250, if your tuition fee is £4,538.

If you wish to make a contribution to your fees at enrolment, UCB will accept payment by cash, cheque, debit or credit card. Cheques should be made payable to UCB.

European Union (EU) students

E.U. students who have not applied for assistance towards the cost of tuition fees should do so within the first two weeks of arrival. Help and advice is available from the Student Services Unit on the Seventh Floor or the Finance and Information Services Unit (FISU) on the First Floor, both in the Summer Row Campus. You will need to bring with you either your passport or National Identity Card.

International Students

If you are a non-European Union student, you will not be able to complete enrolment without at least £4,500 of your tuition fees being paid.

Your University ID card

You will be issued with a University ID card when you enrol on your course. Your ID card should be kept safe as it will be valid throughout the duration of your course. You will need your card to enter UCB premises, to borrow books and other materials from the library, to join the Guild of Students, to use UCB sports facilities, to gain entry to examination rooms, when submitting work for assessment and when collecting certificates.

If you lose your card, you can obtain a replacement from the UCB Finance Office, on the First floor at Summer Row. There is a charge of £5 for a replacement card.

Proof of Identity & Residency Status

  1. If you were born in the UK or EU please bring your passport or your European Identity Card.  If you were born in the UK and do not have a passport please bring your birth certificate; however, we may ask for additional evidence before we can complete your enrolment.
  2. If you were not born in the UK or EU, but have a British passport please bring this to enrolment. If the passport is less than three years old please also bring your previous passport (if this was not a British passport please also bring the evidence requested below in point 3).
  3. If you were not born in the UK or EU and do not have a British passport please bring your non-UK passport, with either your biometric residency permit or Home Office letter confirming your residency status in the UK. If your current passport does not contain your residency status (which confirms your current leave to remain in the UK) you must also bring the passport which contains this. 
  4. If your leave to remain in the UK is dependent upon a family member, in addition to the information requested in point 3, please bring your family member’s passport, with either their biometric residency permit or Home Office letter confirming their residency status in the UK. Please also bring proof of your relationship to this person e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate.
  5. If you are an asylum seeker please bring with you your Application Registration Card.

Please note, if your name is now different to the name on the documentation above please also bring evidence to support your name change, e.g. deed poll document or marriage certificate.

During enrolment, it may occasionally be necessary to make checks with the Home Office, for which we will need your permission.