Enhance your studies by studying abroad
As a University College Birmingham undergraduate, there are many opportunities to gain experience at a European/international institution. Exchange programmes, which involve studying part of your course with an overseas partner, offer an excellent way of broadening your learning and cultural appreciation.
If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact Lynn Wain, the Student Exchanges Coordinator at the International centre:
- The Link, second floor
- 0121 604 1000 (ext. 2321)
Why take part
- Stand out in the job market – overseas study is a great addition to your CV.
- Return more motivated, independent and confident.
- Get a grant and have your tuition fees waived (if you go for the full academic year).
- It counts towards your degree –it’s not a gap year.
- Learn a range of life-skills not taught in the lecture theatre.
- Access a wider range of subject areas than in the UK.
- Improve your language skills.
- Gain an international network of friends.
- Discover a different culture, gain an international perspective and travel.
- It’s really good fun!
"Whilst studying at UCB, I had the opportunity to study and work in Spain for six months as part of an Erasmus+ Exchange programme. I firmly believe this experience, along with studying a specific tourism degree, combined with my language skills, gave me the edge over other applicants applying for my current post."
Outgoing exchange students
With Erasmus+, University College Birmingham students can study for 3 to 12 months in a partner institution. Typically, students exchange for one semester at the beginning of the second year of their course.
Find out more
Living in Birmingham
Vibrant nightlife, booming business, gorgeous green spaces and fantastic connections throughout the UK and the world. Discover Birmingham and all it has to offer.Read More
Discover more about our University and living in Birmingham – all you need to know about our accommodation, Guild of Students and what life is like in our vibrant city.Read More
Our international student bloggers regularly share their experiences of studying at University College Birmingham and living in the UK.Read More
Join our global community of more than 1,400 students from over 60 countries. Our international team will help make your application and arrival as smooth as possible.Read More
Meet up with our representatives
Our international team attend overseas exhibitions throughout the year, providing a great opportunity to find out about University College Birmingham first ha…Read More