Be part of an exciting new era
Looking for a new career in education? Want to pass on your expertise and make a difference to the careers of the next generation?
Reinforced by our new partnership with the University of Warwick, University College Birmingham is entering into an exciting and ambitious period and as part of this, we are looking for highly-skilled, industry-focused professionals to join us on our journey.
We are looking for aspirational, high-performing and teaching-focused individuals to join our lecturing staff. You should have relevant education and/or industry experience but, most importantly, be passionate about seeing students excel and achieve.
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to get in touch.
- Full and part-time teaching roles
- Further and higher education
- All levels - associate lecturers, lecturers and senior lecturers across the salary grades
- Professonal services roles also available
Who are we?
University College Birmingham is a highly-respected, career-focused education and training establishment specialising in vocational courses in both the higher and further education sectors, alongside a growing portfolio of apprenticeships.
We have a unique, collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick, ranked 8th in the 2023 Guardian League Tables, and our reputation for excellence means the University is popular with international students, who join us from 57 countries across the globe.
Benefits of working with us
Our £144 million investment into facilities and campuses means you will be working at modern, vibrant campuses in the heart of the city centre, complete with excellent training environments and cutting edge resources and technology to support your teaching. As well as excellent salaries – based on qualifications and relevant experience – we offer:
- Up to 50 days' leave per year
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (for teaching staff – employer contribution currently additional 23.68% of salary)
- Flexible and/or remote working by agreement within your department
- Funded CPD opportunities which include undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses with negotiated learning support time
- Free membership of brand new on-campus gym
- Opportunities to teach at both college FE and university HE level
- Heavily subsidised on-site car parking
- Heavily subsidised private healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
Subject areas we are looking for
- Business lecturers - with specialisms in marketing, finance and accounting, computing, digital and cyber and engineering
- Tourism lecturers - with specialisms in aviation, airport management and hospitality
- Creative industries lecturers - with specialisms in aesthetics, theatrical make-up, hair and beauty
- Education lecturers - with specialisms in early childhood and those in initial teacher training
- Health lecturers - with specialisms in mental health and adult nursing and physiotherapy
- Sport lecturers - with specialisms in sport, sports therapy and nutrition
- Food lecturers - with specialisms in bakery and culinary arts management
- Maths and English lecturers
- Associate Lecturer – £27,116 - £33,309
- FE Lecturer - £31,406 - £38,587
- HE Lecturer - £34,304 - £38,587
- Senior Lecturer - £39,739 - £50,296
*University College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer.
*All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Based in the heart of the UK’s second biggest city, University College Birmingham is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training.Read more
University College Birmingham’s commitment to vocational education, from apprenticeships through to Masters Degrees, means we actively promote engagement with business across a…Read more
Study at University College Birmingham
If you are looking to study a college course, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or perhaps an apprenticeship, we offer something quite unique.Read more
Discover more about our University and living in Birmingham – all you need to know about our accommodation, Guild of Students and what life is like in our vibrant city.Read more
Join our global community of more than 1,400 students from over 60 countries. Our international team will help make your application and arrival as smooth as possible.Read more