Tweet a pic about #MyUCB – and win free food for a year!
Read time: approx 3 mins
University College Birmingham and the Handmade Burger Company have team up to offer an amazing prize for one lucky student – free food for a year!
All you need to do is tweet a picture that best sums up what UCB means to you and you could be in with a chance of winning 52 delicious meat, or veggie, burgers. That’s one for each week of the year.
Of course, you might choose to be generous and treat your friends to a great meal out in Birmingham city centre. You can redeem up to six burgers (or salads) per visit, so you can enjoy your favourite burger and take along five mates.
Alternatively, you could eat all the burgers yourself!
And don’t worry – you’ve got until November 2015 before the “golden” ticket expires.
All you have to do to enter our great burger bonanza is use Twitter to post a picture that captures what you love about UCB. It might be a selfie, a picture of your uni friends or a cool view of UCB. Please also include a short phrase that sums up the picture.
You must feature the University’s main Twitter feed – @UCBofficial – in your message and include the hashtag #MyUCB. If you aren’t already, we would love you to follow us – and retweet this super prize.
Handmade Burger Co was founded in Birmingham in 2006 and has 20 sites throughout the country. The company has just announced plans for third outlet in its home city.
Handmade Burger serves a huge selection of more than 40 scrummy burgers including classic beef burgers, made with 100% prime Scotch beef, such as Cheese & Bacon, New York Deli, Smokey Barbecue and Hot Chilli; chicken burgers, like Peri Peri, Chorizo, and Caesar; and veggie burgers including Cajun vegetable and bean, spinach and lentil, and chickpea and quinoa. Halal chicken is available on request.
We are planning to publish your pictures across the University’s social media network – including Facebook and Instagram – but all entries must be submitted via Twitter.
You must be a current UCB student to enter this competition. The full terms and conditions are below.
The closing date for entries is Tuesday 9th December. The winning entry will be decided by the Marketing department.
And don’t forget: you need to include @UCBofficial in your message accompanying the picture entry – and use the hashtag #MyUCB.
Please note: by submitting any photographs you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined here.
UCB Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to current students of University College Birmingham only.
- The photographs must be of an appropriate nature. Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject(s).
- By entering the competition you give your permission for the images to be used.
- You must be the sole owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they legally comply with copyright legislation.
- You may submit multiple images.
- The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
Handmade Burger Terms and Conditions
- Up to 6 stamps can be redeemed per visit only.
- 1 stamp entitles the bearer to one free handmade burger or salad.
- No cash alternative available.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.