Blog | What’s great about having a Warwick accredited degree, and how do
students benefit from the partnership?
Read time: approx 5 mins
Announced in 2022, the partnership between University College Birmingham (UCB) and the University of Warwick has been years in the planning.
It sees both Midlands universities working more closely together in a deal which is already having a huge positive impact on students’ lives.
What does the partnership mean?
Under the terms of the partnership, a range of our undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses - as well as a number of higher level apprenticeships - are accredited and awarded by the University of Warwick.
The courses are still developed by us, and still delivered in our world-class facilities in the heart of bustling Birmingham. However, graduates now receive their final awards from the University of Warwick.
Who are the University of Warwick?
Based in Coventry, the University of Warwick is a world-leading Russell Group university. The Guardian’s university rankings placed Warwick 8th in the UK (The Guardian’s The Best UK Universities 2023).
Meanwhile, The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 also named the uni’ University of the Year for Teaching Quality, as well as ranking them runner-up in the University of the Year category.
The university has a strong international reputation. A panel of global experts in the Research Excellence Framework (REF2021) assessed that 92% of Warwick’s research is “world leading or internationally excellent.”
Warwick are also a Top Ten UK QS World University 2023 (and ranked 64th in the world).
How do students benefit from the partnership?
The partnership between UCB and the University of Warwick offers clear benefits to those deciding to study here.
Of course, UCB is already well-known for delivering high-quality, career-focused education. But this exciting partnership enhances that reputation further.
As a student, you can now access even more undergraduate and postgraduate study and research opportunities, as well as higher and degree apprenticeships that not only meet sector-recognised standards, but are accredited by a leading Russell Group university – whatever your background.
In addition, students on courses accredited by Warwick are also able to access extra online learning and library resources which complement our own award-winning library services and hitech learning environments.
The partnership also gives students the chance to connect with the vast employer networks of both universities too – helping to increase your competitive edge further when it comes to entering the workplace.
What UCB courses are accredited by the University of Warwick?
At present, the University of Warwick is accrediting over 30 courses that can be studied full-time and part-time. These cover a wide variety of subjects, including aviation, business, food, marketing, early years, events, finance and sport.
- Aviation and Airport Management BA (Hons) / FdA
- Aviation and Airport Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- Business Enterprise BA (Hons) / FdA
- Business Enterprise BA (Hons) Top-up
- Culinary Arts Management BA (Hons) / FdA
- Culinary Arts Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- Digital Marketing BA (Hons) / FdA
- Digital Marketing BA (Hons) Top-up
- Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)
- Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons) Top-up
- Events Management (with placement) BA (Hons) / FdA
- Events Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- Finance and Accounting BSc (Hons) / FdSc
- Finance and Accounting BSc (Hons) Top-up
- International Hospitality and Tourism Management BA (Hons) / FdA
- International Hospitality and Tourism Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- International Tourism Management BA (Hons) / FdA
- International Tourism Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- Marketing Management BA (Hons) / FdA
- Marketing Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- Sports Management BA (Hons) / FdA
- Sports Management BA (Hons) Top-up
- Sports Therapy BSc (Hons) / FdSc Top-up
- Sports Therapy BSc (Hons) Top-up
- Aviation Management MSc / PGDip
- Culinary Arts Management MA / PGDip
- Enterprise Management MSc / PGDip
- Finance and Accounting MSc / PGDip
- Global Meetings and Events Management MSc / PGDip
- Hospitality with Tourism Management MSc / PGDip
- International Hospitality Management MSc / PGDip
- International Tourism Management MSc / PGDip
- Marketing Management for Events, Hospitality and Tourism MA / PGDip
- Strength, Conditioning and Performance MSc
A powerful partnership.
Recognising the positive impact the team-up is having on both graduates and the wider economy, Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce's Future Faces described the relationship between both universities as "a powerful partnership".
It’s no wonder that so many students are citing the benefits of a University of Warwick accredited qualification as a key factor when choosing to study at UCB.
Latest news stories
Healthcare heroes: first nursing and physiotherapy graduates celebrate
The first cohorts from University College Birmingham's Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons) and Physiotherapy BSc (Hons) programme…Read more
Blog | Career and placement opportunities with University College Birmingham
With many businesses citing a lack of real-world experience as one of their biggest challenges when trying to recr…Read more
First graduands from University of Warwick partnership graduate
University College Birmingham graduands on University of Warwick accredited courses will be celebrating today, marking the firs…Read more
Dedicated leader at University awarded Honorary Fellowship
Nigel Moss will receive an Honorary Fellowship from University College Birmingham this week as part of graduation celebrations on S…Read more
Self-made entrepreneur to be made Honorary Professor
Surinder Arora, Founder and Chairman of the Arora Group, will be made an Honorary Professor and Fellow of University College Birmingham at…Read more
Innovate UK awards £1.2m to University-led partnership to grow battery manufacturing
University College Birmingham will lead a regional partnership delivering a new project growing new skills…Read more