MSc / PGDip
- Course length MSc
- 18 months full-time / 2.5 years part-time
- Course length PGDip
- 1 year full-time / 2 years part-time
- Fees (Home/EU)
- View tuition fees
- Fees (International)
- View tuition fees
Our next open days
Our next open day will be announced soon.
Our open days are a great opportunity to get an insight into our unique atmosphere and you will get to meet our staff and students.
In the increasingly competitive business environment, there is high demand for creativity, innovation and uniqueness - and a growing demand for businesses to be enterprising. Our Enterprise Management course has been developed in partnership with industry professionals to give you the business knowledge and work experience you need to advance in management positions in the enterprise service sector. The course will also give you the skills to set up your own business and learn how to grow and develop strategically. As you explore the basis of entrepreneurial activity, you will further develop your business and management skills enabling you to identify and respond to new business opportunities. You can develop your own business plan as an option for your final year research project, with our industry partners contributing to your business development process.
Additionally, the course is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. If you successfully complete the Enterprise Management course, you will also be eligible for a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership from the CMI. You also gain CMI membership for up to five years which allows you access to a wide range of additional CMI learning resources to further support your studies. More information can be found here.
Why should I choose this course?
- If you are thinking of enhancing your career in the business sector, setting up your own business or taking your business to the next strategic level, this course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- You will interact and engage with entrepreneurs who will mentor you through the duration of the course and ensure you develop the appropriate skills and knowledge to succeed as a manager or entrepreneur.
- The course offers you a route into self-employment, especially if you have got a sound business start-up idea that you have always wanted to realise and implement.
- The course has a practical focus with an ethos of “learn by doing.” You will work alongside both local and national entrepreneurs on "live" business activity and development projects.
- The course has been designed in collaboration with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and provides you with the opportunity to achieve Chartered Manager status.
Teaching and assessment
The course will be delivered by a variety of methods which include attending lectures, seminar debates, enterprising workshops, interacting with guest speakers and leading entrepreneurs from industry. You will also be expected to engage with independent reading and research to ensure an interactive and personalised learning experience.
You will be assessed by a range of methods to encourage the development of a full portfolio of entrepreneurial and management skills and competencies. These include: case studies; presentations; online debates; assessed seminars; executive reports; business start-up and development plans; and business pitching.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
You will require a relevant undergraduate degree (or equivalent) from a recognised institution (if your degree is not related to Enterprise Management, please contact our Admissions team so that we can discuss your application on an individual basis). Candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
UCB’s standard English language requirement for postgraduate study will apply (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com
Optional Modules (choose 1):
There is an optional six-month placement available on the course.
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to set up your own business start-up.
- At a managerial level, you may wish to engage in business development for an existing SME.
- Enterprise consultancy.
- Project Management.
- Financial Management.
- The enterprise nature of the course allows you to pursue a career in a sector driven by your own preferences.
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.
Read what our current students and alumni love about UCB and how we helped them begin their career in industry.