If you have applied through the College Admissions Re-enrolment (CARe) system and have been offered a place at University College Birmingham
- You will have been sent an online registration email. You must register online before your induction date.
If you have not received your email call admissions on 0121 604 1040.
Enrolment (returning students aged 16-18)
When you complete online registration, you will be asked to upload your ID (see ID options below). Once you return to campus, you will only need to swipe your ID card and your enrolment will be automatically completed.
For identification, you will need to upload a copy of the following:
- British or EU Passport, or
- European Identity Card, or
- If you do not have a passport, please upload your:
- birth certificate and
- another form of photo ID, such as a driving licence or proof of age card*
*Please note that we may ask for additional evidence before we can complete your enrolment.
- A non-UK/EEA passport and:
- your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) or
- visa document or
- Home Office letter confirming your residency status in the UK
- If you are an asylum seeker, please upload your Application Registration Card.
- If you don’t have any documentation to confirm your immigration status in the UK, University College Birmingham will ask for your permission to request this information from the Home Office.
For all students:
Please note: if your name is now different from the name on the documentation above, please also upload evidence to support your name change, e.g. deed poll document or marriage certificate. All our systems will use the name on your official documentation.
- Our Finance and Student Records Team will then review your enrolment details to decide if any fees may need to be paid, or whether we need any further information from you. For example, if you are over 19 and enrolled onto a further education course, we will need to make sure we have seen the relevant evidence to waiver tuition fees if this is possible – see enrolment information below for students aged 19+
- Once you have uploaded your ID and photo and we have checked that you are not required to pay fees (or confirmed your loan is in place, for those who need a loan), you will automatically be enrolled.
Enrolment (returning students aged 19+)
- Enrolment - Your enrolment will take place at the end of August.
- If you have applied for your Advanced Learner Loan and completed online registration, then our finance team will be able to complete your enrolment.
- If you have not applied for your Advanced Learner Loan, our finance and fees assessment team will contact you.
- Our finance and fees assessment team will require you to upload a copy of your proof of identity, check your residency status and assess whether you have to pay tuition fees. If you have applied for the Advanced Learner Loan, please bring your approval letter with you.
If you have any concerns, please call 0121 604 1020 or email: email@example.com
What if I've changed my mind and don't want to enrol at University College Birmingham?
- If you have changed your mind and no longer wish to enrol, you must let us know as soon as possible so we can offer your place to someone else. If you don’t turn up to enrolment and haven’t told us you’re not coming, we will contact you to find out if you are still interested. Call 0121 604 1040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course-specific information for returning students
Please complete the following documents and bring them to enrolment.
The following courses require you to order uniform or equipment.
The Learner Support Fund may be able to assist home students financially with additional costs of studying - such as equipment, childcare and travel. If you would like to check your eligibility for the Learner Support Fund, or if you would like an application form, please contact our Student Budget Counsellor:
Tel: 0121 232 4405
Information relating to your specific course will be available to view in January.