If you have been offered a place at University College Birmingham:
- You will have been sent an online registration email and text message with your UCB student ID.
- You must register online before your enrolment date
If you have not received your email and text, call our Admissions team on 0121 604 1040 and we will help you in activating your account and registering with us.
- When you have completed online registration you will receive an email to complete your online enrolment, then refer to the UCB website www.ucb.ac.uk and log into the UCB Portal.
- From the portal, go to Menu, then Home, then My dashboard, then Course applications. Then click onto the course you have applied for. This will take you to your enrolment page. You must complete task 1 (Upload photo of yourself). Then task three which requires you to upload identification. This can include a valid passport or birth certificate. Ensure you click save before leaving the page.
- Our Finance and Student Records Team will then review your enrolment details to decide if any fees may need to be paid, or whether we need any further information from you. For example, if you are over 19 and enrolled onto a further education course, we will need to make sure we have seen the relevant evidence to waiver tuition fees if this is possible.
- Once you have uploaded your ID and photo and we have checked that you are not required to pay fees (or confirmed your loan is in place, for those who need a loan), you will automatically be enrolled.
- You will then receive an email confirming you have completed enrolment.*
- When you have completed your enrolment you will receive a congratulations email. You can then make arrangements go to Camden House to collect your ID card.
- Before you collect your ID card, please email your subject lecturer (contact details are available here) to agree a time when they can meet with you and provide you with your timetable. It is a very busy time and they may not be able to respond immediately due to teaching. Please note that you will be required to complete the applicable documents listed in the section below and bring them with you.
* If we require further information then we will contact you either by phone or email and discuss this with you. You may be asked to provide further evidence before your enrolment is considered complete. Once we are satisfied that everything is complete, we will send a confirmation email. Please be patient, we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
Course-specific information for new students
- Please complete the following documents and bring them to your subject lecturer, including any additional uniform or equipment forms that are required for your course.
Many of our courses require you to order uniform or equipment
The Learner Support Fund may be able to assist home students financially with additional costs of studying, such as equipment, childcare and travel. If you would like to check your eligibility for the Learner Support Fund, or if you would like an application form, please contact our Student Budget Counsellor:
Tel: 0121 232 4405
Bakery - Level 1, Level 2, Level 3
Food and Beverage Service - Level 2, Level 3
Hair and Media Make-up - Level 2
Hospitality with Events - Level 3
Make-up Specialist - Level 2
Centre for Academic Skills and English
Our Centre for Academic Skills and English (CASE) offers a range of support and study-based help for all students at University College BirminghamRead more
Whether you need support with your learning, finances, health and wellbeing or other areas, our range of dedicated support services are here for you.Read more
While studying, it is important to manage your finances and access any help to which you are entitled. Our staff are here to give you the support and advice you need.Read more
Helping you get hired
hired@UCB is our dedicated careers, employability and placements service for students and alumni at University College Birmingham.Read more
Terms and Conditions
The University College Birmingham terms and conditions can be read through or downloaded here.Read more
All students have access to computers throughout our campuses, with new high-spec PCs and additional quiet study and self-study laptop areas across the University.Read more