Why choose this college course?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Gain the necessary study skills and key knowledge for your chosen subject or career, as well as the independent learning skills needed for university study
- GREAT LEARNING SUPPORT – Enjoy a positive and supportive learning experience that will develop your skills and confidence to progress onto higher education
- MOVE UP TO UNIVERSITY – Completing this certificate will help you progress onto a Level 3 Access to Higher Education Diploma, opening the way to applying for degree level courses
Topics you will study
- Barriers to Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Physiology and Exercise
- Human Health and Disease
- Working in a Group
- Setting Learning Goals
- Introduction to Health Studies
- Applicants must have at least three years’ life experience outside of formal education gained since completing formal education. Experience does not need to be in a subject-related field.
- A minimum of GCSE English Language and maths at grade 3 (grade D) or Functional Skills Level 1
Supporting Documents Required:
- Applicants will also be required to submit a reference from a previous or current employment role.
There may be the opportunity to study GCSE English Language/maths or Functional Skills English and maths alongside the course as part of your studies.
Teaching and assessment
Learning will be assessed through a variety of methods to prepare you for study at university – these may include essays, report writing, online assessment and presentations. You must achieve 25 credits at Level 2.
In order to successfully complete the Level 2 Pre-Access to Higher Education Certificate (Skills in Health), you must achieve a total of 25 credits through studying a variety of units and subjects.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2021-2024.
Accreditations, endorsements and partnerships
Access to Higher Education
This qualification supports individuals to develop essential and transferable skills that will help them progress to, and succeed in, further vocational learning, including Access to Higher Education Diplomas in Health. It gives learners a real grounding and foundations to build upon for their future studies and careers in the health sector.
Progression and career opportunities
This course is designed to enable your progression onto higher levels of study, such as our Access to Higher Education Diploma (Social Science and Health), which in turn will enable you to move into degree-level education.
With further study, possible future career options open to you include:
Average Salary: £25,794
Average Salary: £33,834
Average Salary: £29,624
Learning disability nurse
Average Salary: £24,905
Average Salary: £28,803
Mental health nurse
Average Salary: £24,907
We are here to support your career goals every step of the way.