Why choose this college course?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Gain the necessary study skills and key knowledge for your chosen subject or career, as well as the independent learning skills needed for university study
- GREAT LEARNING SUPPORT – Enjoy a positive and supportive learning experience that will develop your skills and confidence to progress onto higher education
- MOVE UP TO UNIVERSITY – Completing this certificate will help you progress onto a Level 3 Access to Higher Education Diploma, opening the way to applying for degree level courses
Topics you will study
- Barriers to Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Physiology and Exercise
- Human Health and Disease
- Working in a Group
- Setting Learning Goals
- Introduction to Health Studies
Our Pre-Access course has been designed for students who have not had the opportunity to access higher education. Applicants must have at least three years’ life experience outside of formal education gained since completing formal education. Experience does not need to be in a subject-related field.
GCSE English Language grade 3 (grade D) and Maths at grade 3 (grade D) or equivalent.
Supporting documents required
Applicants will also be required to submit a reference from a previous or current employment role. Please where possible submit this with your application by emailing your reference to email@example.com
If you have not achieved the qualifications listed above, you will be offered the opportunity to take an on-site English Language and Maths Assessment.
- We require a score of Level 1 in English and Maths.
- You will be offered a maximum of two attempts at the assessments.
- Assessments are delivered under exam conditions.
- The assessment pathway is available until 1 August 2022.
If you are unsure if your qualification is equivalent or if you wish to check if you meet the entry requirements for this course, please call 0121 214 2919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who achieve 56 UCAS points or more from this qualification, will automatically be guaranteed a place on a degree course at University College Birmingham. Some undergraduate courses require additional entry requirements, so applicants are advised to check entry requirements before applying.
Teaching and assessment
Learning will be assessed through a variety of methods to prepare you for study at university – these may include essays, report writing, online assessment and presentations. You must achieve 25 credits at Level 2.
In order to successfully complete the Level 2 Pre-Access to Higher Education Certificate (Skills in Health), you must achieve a total of 25 credits through studying a variety of units and subjects.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2021-2024.
Accreditations, endorsements and partnerships
Access to Higher Education
This qualification supports individuals to develop essential and transferable skills that will help them progress to, and succeed in, further vocational learning, including Access to Higher Education Diplomas in Health. It gives learners a real grounding and foundations to build upon for their future studies and careers in the health sector.
Progression and career opportunities
This course is designed to enable your progression onto higher levels of study, such as our Access to Higher Education Diploma (Social Science and Health), which in turn will enable you to move into degree-level education.
With further study, possible future career options open to you include:
Average Salary: £25,794
Average Salary: £33,834
Average Salary: £29,624
Learning disability nurse
Average Salary: £24,905
Average Salary: £28,803
Mental health nurse
Average Salary: £24,907
We are here to support your career goals every step of the way.