of graduate employers say relevant experience is essential to getting a job with them
Why choose this college course?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Gain key marketing skills and knowledge of topics including markets, segmentation, pricing strategy and the Boston Matrix
- PRACTICAL APPLICATION – Enjoy opportunities to engage in creative problem solving and develop practical skills in our Digital Creative Studio
- RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION – Our BTEC Level 3 marketing course gives you a recognised work-related qualification to open the door to higher education and professional careers
- MOVE UP TO UNIVERSITY – Want to study at a higher level? This course will support your progression to degrees in business, marketing management, digital marketing and more
Students on our marketing courses have access to our Digital Creative Studio, a cutting-edge facility where you can get hands-on experience creating podcasts, promotional videos and livestream content for social media.
Based in Camden House, our new Digital Creative Studio features state-of-the-art video and audio production facilities, including a video production studio with 4K cameras and green screen technology
Our Digital Creative Studio also houses a dedicated teaching lab complete with high-spec computers and industry-standard media technology, including Adobe Creative Cloud software
The Digital Creative Studio hosts audio podcasting, vision mixing and editing facilities, as well as a creative media and design lab with graphics tablets
Topics you will study:
- Exploring Business
- Personal and Business Finance
- Digital Marketing
- Creative Promotion
- Visual Merchandising
- International Business
- Principles of Management
- Business Decision Making
- Market Research
- Relationship Marketing
You will also have an individual study programme to help you build the skills and experience you need to progress onto higher education or gain employment.
Our business lecturers are looking for students who are enthusiastic and passionate about business, together with a keen determination to succeed in the industry, so please contact Admissions if you do not have the specific requirements outlined below.
If you are unsure if your qualification is equivalent or if you wish to check if you meet the entry requirements for this course, please call 0121 214 2919, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat.
4 GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C), including English Language and Maths, or equivalent.
English and maths
As applicants are required to achieve English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C) prior to entering this course, University College Birmingham will not offer English or Maths alongside the Marketing and Social Media course.
Supporting documents required
- School applicants will be required to provide a good school report, which must include attendance. This will be assessed in conjunction with your qualifications and application during the confirmation of your place at University College Birmingham.
- If you are a school leaver (over 19), you will be required to provide a reference from a previous education provider or employer in support of your application.
Students who achieve 56 UCAS points or more from this qualification will automatically be guaranteed a place on a degree course at University College Birmingham. Some undergraduate courses require additional entry requirements, so applicants are advised to check entry requirements before applying.
Teaching and assessment
You will be assessed through coursework assignments and projects, some of which will involve industry-related visits and external assessment.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2021-2024.
Need some advice?
Our Schools Liaison team deliver drop-in sessions for you to ask any questions you have about college. Find out more here.
Work placements offer a wealth of benefits alongside your studies, helping you put your learning into practice, develop your skills and understanding of the workplace, boost your CV for your chosen career or enhance your UCAS application for higher education. Our hired@UCB team can help find the ideal placement for you.
As part of our college marketing course, you will undertake 40 days on work placement with one of our industry partners, ideally within marketing departments in business office settings.
This course provides a specialist business pathway at Level 3 in marketing and social media. Marketing is a key sector in the UK economy, with students able to obtain good salaries and career prospects. The course is also ideal preparation for a range of higher education courses including business enterprise, business management, digital marketing and marketing management.
The example roles and salaries below are intended as a guide only.
Social media manager
Average salary: £25,000 – £32,000
Digital marketing specialist
Average Salary: £25,000
Average Salary: £35,000
Average Salary: £27,000
Aspiring to a higher level career? Complete this course and you could progress onto our Digital Marketing BA (Hons) degree
We are here to support your career goals every step of the way.