of graduate employers say relevant experience is essential to getting a job with them
Why choose this college course?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Build key skills and knowledge related to business administration and management, as well as enhancing your English, maths and digital skills
- WORK PLACEMENT – Get to know the world of work and gain essential industry experience through a work placement
- RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION – Our T-level course has been designed in collaboration with industry to ensure your skills meet employers’ needs and expectations
Topics you will study:
- Business context – an overview of organisational cultures and values, different types of internal and external stakeholder, different forms of governance and the impact of organisations on society and the environment
- Project and change management – an understanding of the common change management theories and models, and how to support and improve projects
- Business behaviours – exploring the importance of good communication and adapting social communication styles to professional standards and according to purpose, medium and audience
- Quality and compliance – examining the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of public and private sector organisations
Occupational Specialism (Business Support)
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of, and skills in:
- Supporting the overall running and operations of an organisation
- Using prioritisation skills to support time management and delivery of workloads
- Considering improvements and recommending ways to develop and improve business practices
- Developing effective communication with a range of stakeholders to support business practices
- Managing the flow of information through the organisation
You will also have an individual study programme to help you build the skills and experience you need to progress onto higher education or gain employment.
Our business lecturers are looking for students who are enthusiastic and passionate about business, together with a keen determination to succeed in the digital and business sector, so please contact Admissions if you do not have the specific requirements outlined below.
If you are unsure if your qualification is equivalent or if you wish to check if you meet the entry requirements for this course, please call 0121 214 2919, email email@example.com or use our live chat.
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) including Maths or equivalent.
- GCSE English Language at grade 5.
English and maths
As applicants are required to achieve English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C) prior to entering this course, University College Birmingham will not offer English or Maths alongside this T-level.
Supporting documents required
School applicants will be required to provide a good school report, which must include attendance. This will be assessed in conjunction with your qualifications and application during the confirmation of your place at University College Birmingham.
As this is a 2-year study programme, you will need to be aged 16 to 18 to apply for this course.
Currently, T-level courses are only funded for learners who are under the age of 19 at the point of enrolment. However, the government is currently reviewing the T-level pathway for mature learners, which we hope will be available in the future. If you would like to apply for a related course, please consider Access to Higher Education Diploma (Business).
T-level courses require you to complete a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days) on placement over the two years. You will be required to work with our hired@UCB team to secure your placement.
Students who achieve 56 UCAS points or more from this qualification, will automatically be guaranteed a place on a degree course at University College Birmingham. Some undergraduate courses require additional entry requirements, so applicants are advised to check entry requirements before applying.
Teaching and assessment
Students who complete their T-level will receive a nationally recognised certificate which will show your overall grade and a breakdown of what you have achieved.
The T-level certificate will include:
- An overall grade for the T-level, shown as pass, merit, distinction or distinction*
- A separate grade for the core component, using A* to E
- A separate grade for each occupational specialism, shown as pass, merit or distinction
It will also include confirmation that you have:
- Met the minimum requirements for maths and English qualifications
- Completed the industry placement
- Met any additional mandatory requirements
The overall T-level grade will be worked out from the grades you achieve on the core component and the occupational specialism(s).
The Core Component is 100% externally assessed. The assessment consists of:
- Exam Paper 1
- Exam Paper 2
- Employer-set project
Occupational Specialism Component
- Externally set assignment (Business Support)
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2021-2024.
Work placements offer a wealth of benefits alongside your studies, helping you put your learning into practice, develop your skills and understanding of the workplace, boost your CV for your chosen career or enhance your UCAS application for higher education. Our hired@UCB team can help find the ideal placement for you.
Our management and administration T-level course requires you to complete a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days) on placement over the two years. Our employability tutors will visit you out on placement to ensure you gain the right practical skills.
T-levels are exciting new courses that will enable learners to gain both the academic knowledge and practical skills needed to progress to employment, higher education or apprenticeships. This T-level is ideal for anyone interested in a career in management or administration and will enable you to move onto further study at University College Birmingham, with courses such as our degree in Business Management.
The example roles and salaries below are intended as a guide only.
Average Salary: £17,795
Senior business administrator
Average Salary: £21,692
Average Salary: £25,631
Average Salary: £45,000
Aspiring to a higher level career? Complete this course and you could progress onto our Business Management BA (Hons)/FdA course.
We are here to support your career goals every step of the way.
Discover more about T-levels
Designed in direct collaboration with employers and businesses, T-levels are a great new route into skilled employment, further study or higher apprenticeships.