Why choose this apprenticeship?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Develop key skills and knowledge for leading and managing people, decision making, operational and project management, as well as communication and finance
- LEARN WHILE YOU WORK – Gain a Level 3 qualification while putting your learning into practice in the workplace
- MOVE UP TO HIGHER EDUCATION – Complete this apprenticeship and you could move onto university business degree courses or higher level apprenticeships
For entry to Level 3 apprenticeships, you will be expected to have a relevant Level 2 qualification or 1-2 years of experience working in a business environment role,* plus Level 1 Functional Skills or equivalent in English and Maths.
*Entry requirements for this apprenticeship may be decided by the employer in conjunction with University College Birmingham.
Teaching and assessment
You will need to complete tasks to build a portfolio demonstrating your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Teaching takes place one day per month combined with online activities through our learning platform.
The portfolio contributes to an end-point assessment which comprises four elements:
- Online, scenario-based knowledge test
- Competency-based interview
- Assessment of portfolio evidence
- CPD log review and professional discussion
Achievement at the end-point assessment confirms whether the standard has been met. If successful, you will be graded by the independent Apprentice Assessment Organisation assessor resulting in a Pass/Merit/Distinction grade.