Why choose this apprenticeship?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Learn techniques for handling complex customer requests, problems or queries, as well as analysing data for improvements in customer service and performance
- LEARN WHILE YOU WORK – Put your training into practice in the workplace alongside your studies and gain vital hands-on experience
- RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION – Complete your apprenticeship and get an industry recognised Level 3 qualification
- INDUSTRY APPROVED – On completion you will be eligible to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at Professional level
Our learning spaces at University College Birmingham ensure you have the right environments to build your knowledge, from lecture theatres to interactive group working spaces and extensive library resources.
Our £44 million Moss House campus includes an exhibition space to showcase your work to assessors and prospective employers, as well as our Enterprise Hive service which helps budding entrepreneurs with start-ups
Our campus buildings feature lecture theatres equipped with the latest technology, as well as comfortable tutorial and seminar rooms and private meeting rooms
Located in our McIntyre House campus, ThinkSpace features glazed study pods to discuss group projects and glass wipe boards to mind-map your ideas
Our library facilities offer more than 50,000 print resources and over 60 million digital resources, with expert support from qualified library professionals and research specialists
- We will undertake an assessment and in-depth skills scan to ensure this standard is applicable and suitable to your job role and your prior level of skills and knowledge.
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 4/C or above.
- You must be working in a suitable role/employment setting for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Note: Entry requirements for this apprenticeship may be decided by the employer in conjunction with University College Birmingham.
Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at Professional level.
Should you choose to progress on a customer service career path, you may be eligible for further professional membership, including management.
Teaching and assessment
This course incorporates delivery of the Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Standard. There will be a mix of theory and practical assessments at University College Birmingham and in the workplace. Blended learning will also be used to ensure continuity of teaching and learning for all apprentices.
Attendance at University College Birmingham will be agreed in advance, with access to our wide range of facilities to enhance your learning experience.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2021-2024.
An e-portfolio contributes to an end-point assessment which comprises several elements. Achievement at the independent end-point assessment confirms whether the apprenticeship is complete and you have met the standard at pass, merit or distinction.
Completing this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join The Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at Professional level
Accreditations, endorsements and partnerships
University College Birmingham works with a wide range of organisations to ensure you receive the best possible training and qualifications recognised by industry.