Why choose this apprenticeship?
- BOOST YOUR SKILLS – Develop a wealth of knowledge for the sector along with key skills such as building relationships with practitioners and partners and identifying good practice
- LEARN WHILE YOU WORK – Put your training into practice in the workplace alongside your studies and gain vital hands-on experience
- RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION – Get a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care in addition to the successful completion of your apprenticeship
- FLEXIBLE LEARNING – Our apprenticeship will only require you to attend university twice a month, making it flexible enough to fit around many job roles
Our learning spaces at University College Birmingham ensure you have the right environments to build your knowledge, from lecture theatres to interactive group working spaces and extensive library resources.
Our new £44 million Moss House campus includes an exhibition space to showcase your work to assessors and prospective employers, as well as our Enterprise Hive service which helps budding entrepreneurs with start-ups
Our campus buildings feature lecture theatres equipped with the latest technology, as well as comfortable tutorial and seminar rooms and private meeting rooms
Located in our McIntyre House campus, ThinkSpace features glazed study pods to discuss group projects and glass wipe boards to mind-map your ideas
Our library facilities offer more than 50,000 print resources and over 60 million digital resources, with expert support from qualified library professionals and research specialists
- You will require Level 2 qualifications in maths and English
- You must be working in an appropriate role for at least 30 hours per week full-time, or at least 16 hours per week part-time (although the apprenticeship duration will have to be extended in this instance)
- You are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provide the result prior to starting
Teaching and assessment
You will need to complete tasks and acquire a portfolio of evidence through work-based learning and assessment, taught sessions and online delivery. A qualified tutor/assessor will examine the evidence, which is then approved by the external verifier (appointed by the examining body). The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care is delivered as a mandatory requirement in this apprenticeship standard.
You will be required to attend university twice a month, meaning this apprenticeship is flexible enough to fit around many job roles.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.