Passionate about bakery and have ambitions for a career in the industry?
Whether you want to work in confectionary, at a commercial or artisan bakers or be a cake decorator, there is no better place to gain and perfect your skills than University College Birmingham.
Our online taster activities give you the chance to have a go at some practical activities you can expect to do on our bakery college courses, as well as meeting some of the teaching team. If you’re joining us in September, these activities will give you a head-start and will help you prepare for your course. By participating, you’ll also be in with the chance of winning some of these prizes:
- £40 towards course-related resources
- College bakery goody bag
Please note the Bakery online taster activities competition closes at midnight on 31 August 2020.
How to take part
- Click here to meet the bakery teaching team, find out about the four different taster activities, the resources and ingredients you will need and how to take part in the competition.
- Next, click the ‘view video’ buttons below to watch tutorials on how to make and decorate gingerbread biscuits, produce a 400g cottage loaf and create a three-strand bread plait.
- Then share pictures of your taster activity creations with us on Instagram using #UCBBakery or by tagging @ucbofficial to be in with the chance of winning some of the prizes above (competition terms and conditions apply).
Competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Please note the bakery online taster activities competition closes at midnight on 31 August 2020.
- These terms and conditions apply to the bakery online taster activities competition organised by University College Birmingham.
- By entering the competition, entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way.
- University College Birmingham may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to both University College Birmingham college applicants and college enquirers for the following courses: Bakery Level 2 and Bakery Level 3.
- The competition entry window will open on 12 August 2020 and will close on 31 August 2020 at midnight. Any entries after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- To be entered into the competition, entrants must:
- Share photos of their creations on Instagram by tagging @ucbofficial or using #UCBBakery
- By sharing your photos, using the hashtag or by tagging, you permit University College Birmingham to share your content on our social media channels.
- To be entered into the competition, your entry must be submitted no later than midnight on 31 August 2020.
- Winners will be announced on University College Birmingham’s social media.
- By submitting an entry, you permit University College Birmingham to contact you via direct message on Instagram regarding your entry.
- If you are selected as a winner, we will contact you on Instagram via direct message and by posting on Instagram to inform you and to provide details on how to claim your prize. We will ask if you are a University College Birmingham college applicant or college enquirer for the following courses: Bakery Level 2 and Bakery Level 3 and for a contact email address. We will not use your email address for purposes other than contacting you about claiming your prize.
- Prizes will be distributed in September 2020.
- University College Birmingham reserves the right to change prizes, decide which prize or prizes you receive and how many winners are selected. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered.