As a Higher Education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability. The support you get is based on individual needs rather than income and is a non-repayable source of funding. 

For information about the DSA and how to apply, please visit 

University College Birmingham understands that students with Specific Learning Needs often need to access additional funding to gain the most from their chosen course. All cases will be assessed individually and sensitivelyIt is possible for us to access funding from the EFA and SFA and funds ear-marked from University College Birmingham’s own budget. Provision from Academic Support Workers accommodates the needs of a wide range of students with differing needs. 

Unfortunately, it is not always possible for us to guarantee additional funding. In these circumstances, we will help you to identify and apply to the various agencies, in the field, which might be able to help. 

Further information and help in completing the DSA forms is available from the Academic Skills Centre. Please email us if you would like a Disability Advisor to contact you. 

Email the Academic Skills Centre

Back to top