Birmingham has undergone a gastronomic revolution and the city now boosts one of the most exciting food scenes in the UK. From hip street food to Michelin star luxury, just place your order.
Top 5 food facts
- Birmingham city centre has more than 300 restaurants, cafes and bars in the city alone – plus hundreds more serving dozens of different world cuisines
- There are districts devoted to popular styles and national tastes – including the famous Balti Triangle and Chinatown
- Birmingham has more Michelin star restaurants (five) than any other English city outside London – and its food scene has been praised by the New York Times
- The popular Digbeth Dining Club, where food trucks mingle with cool music, was hailed Britain’s Best Street Food Event in 2013 and 2014
- Celebrity chef Glynn Purnell, owner of Michelin-starred restaurant Purnell's and one of the UK’s top cookery stars, is an honorary fellow of University College Birmingham