Residential Support Scheme for College students

residential support scheme

If the course you want to study isn’t available near your home, you may be able to get help with the cost of term-time accommodation. You may qualify if your course is too far away for you to travel daily and you are studying for a Level 2 or Level 3 qualification (equivalent to GCSEs and A-levels).

Are you eligible? 

You may get help from the Residential Support Scheme if: 

  • You are 16 to 18.
  • A similar course isn’t available locally.
  • You are “ordinarily resident” in England. (This means you are settled in the UK and have lived here for at least three years before your course starts.) 

Your course must be one of the following:

  • More than 15 miles from your home.
  • More than a two-hour return journey away.

Your course must also:

  • Be for your first Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
  • Need at least 16 hours’ attendance a week.
  • Last for at least 10 weeks.

If you believe you are eligible and would like to apply, please print and complete the RSS Application form and send to:

Residential Support Scheme
7th Floor, Student Services
University College Birmingham
Summer Row
B3 1JB

For further information please visit