Teachers' and Advisors' Conference
We are delighted to invite teachers, heads of sixth forms and careers advisors to attend University College Birmingham’s Teachers’ and Advisors’ Conference.
Find out more about the changing landscape concerning vocational qualifications and the current issues impacting students. Hear from external speakers, attend workshops and participate in practical sessions.
9.00am: Register, Refreshments, Welcome
9.40am: Subject taster sessions and tour of new practical facilities
1.45pm: Breakout sessions (x 2)
2.45pm: Keynote speaker: The changes in higher technical education: T Levels explained
Ellen Sanders, NCFE CACHE
3.15pm: Feedback and Close
- Subject taster sessions: Participate in practical activities to showcase our new degree courses, including nursing, physiotherapy, finance and accounting, education and inclusion, and food and nutrition
- Tour: Be the first to tour some of our new practical facilities – Moss House, Tourism and Aviation Suite, Prosthetics Studio, Aspire Aesthetics Clinic, Financial Trading Suite
- Breakout sessions: Choose two sessions, on the day, to participate in -
- Reference writing - share good and bad practice from the recent UCAS application deadline, receive advice and collect useful resources
- Mental health and wellbeing - support your students’ transition to HE with advice from our mental health and wellbeing team
- Mythbusting Apprenticeships – current apprenticeship coordinators, from a range of companies, expel common myths about apprenticeships and provide you with practical advice to support your students
- Clearing, confirmation and adjustment – how to support your students through the last stage of the cycle
- Keynote speaker: Ellen Sanders from NCFE CACHE will highlight the changes in higher technical education and the impact on your students, focusing specifically on T Levels
Where is the nearest train station?
If you have any questions concerning the applicant days, please call 0121 232 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to UCB.