Transferring from another university
At University College Birmingham, we consider applications from students who have studied, or are currently studying, a Higher Education course and now wish to transfer universities.
What do I need to do?
To make an enquiry about studying at University College Birmingham, you will need to complete our online Enquiry Form.
Consideration for advanced entry will be dependent on the modules of your previous course, and how well this matches to the content of the course you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham. Additionally, the process will be dependent on the amount of credits achieved on your current course. Where similar study is apparent, it may be possible for us to award Accreditation for Previous Learning (APL) and, therefore, advanced entry onto a course at UCB will be permitted. Please note; due to the nature of this process, all applications are considered on an individual basis.
View a list of all courses offered at UCB.
Further to your enquiry
We will answer your enquiry as soon as possible by sending you an email to confirm if we are able to offer you a place at UCB.
We may need further information from you such as a list of your modules and their credit values. If we need any of this information we will contact you directly.
If you have already received your academic transcript which contains all of the information described in points 1 and 2, then please send this to our Admissions team firstname.lastname@example.org
1) All Undergraduate degree courses are measured in credits, each higher education academic year usually consists of 120 credits, which are delivered in smaller modules. A credit value for each module determines and explains the size and depth of that module with these usually varying in size (normally between 10 and 40 credits).
2) Learning outcomes for each module – These are the key themes which outline the skills and knowledge areas a student should understand and have demonstrated through each module assessment. These are usually found in the module handbook for your programme.
All of this information aids institutions in the process of exempting students from repeating the same modules of study at a new institution.
If we are able to offer you a place at UCB then you may be eligible to apply directly. To apply directly to UCB, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must not have previously applied via UCAS this year (we will complete this on your behalf)
- You only wish to apply to UCB (if you would like to apply to more than one institution, you must apply via UCAS)
- You must have completed the Enquiry Form so that the Admissions team can confirm if we can make you an offer
- You must be a UK or EU applicant for residency purposes
If you do meet all of the criteria above then we will send you a direct application form for you to complete.
Please make sure that you allow enough time for your application to be considered. Applications for credit transfers can take up to two weeks to process depending on the complexity of how well the content of your previous studies matches to the content of the programme you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham.
If you have any further questions regarding transferring to UCB then please contact our Admissions team:
email@example.com or call us on 0121 604 1040
If you would like further information about student loans or funding please contact our finance team on 0121 604 1000 Ext: 2292 or email Emma Richards, firstname.lastname@example.org.