Knowing you have a comfortable place to live makes moving away from home and to a big city that little bit easier. We provide a comprehensive accommodation service, covering both University-owned and managed halls of residence, The Maltings and Cambrian Hall, and private accommodation within the city.

UCB has a dedicated service to help you find the accommodation you need, and we are open throughout the year, including the summer vacation. Student Services is available to all students enrolled at the University. You can use the service on a drop-in basis, or telephone or email us for advice and information about any housing-related issue. Our aim is to provide you with a high-quality, safe, affordable and happy environment for both your academic and social life. Hall Managers, based in all University-managed accommodation, are responsible for your welfare and security as well as offering advice.

UCB’s virtual accommodation tours

Choosing where to live whilst studying at UCB is important. To help you get a feel for our halls of residence, The Maltings and Cambrian Hall, take a look at our Virtual Tours.

For more information on our accommodation, prices and facilities visit our Accommodation page.

If you have any questions about applying for accommodation, contact Simon Harwin, UCB’s Accommodation Officer, on 0121 232 4131 or email

 Follow us on Twitter

 Like us on Facebook