We will continue to accept applications for this course after 15 January UCAS deadline date.
This course is for direct entry onto year 2 only for students wishing to transfer.
The beauty therapy and salon business sector is booming. In the UK alone, it turns over an estimated £5 billion a year. With so many new and diverse beauty techniques and treatments constantly being introduced, it’s an exciting and ever-changing sector to work in.
The beauty therapy sector is highly competitive and is increasingly seeking staff who have not only a diverse range of practical skills but also have a knowledge and understanding of marketing, human resources and finance. This course will give you a strong foundation for a variety of future careers in beauty therapy including managing a salon or spa, starting your own business or being employed in a sales and marketing role for a beauty product company.
UCB has an excellent reputation within the beauty industry and our graduates are recognised as some of the best qualified and most employable beauty therapists around.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will learn the core business and people management skills you’ll need to manage a salon or start your own salon business.
- You will study customer behaviour, beauty techniques and how to deliver the salon experience customers want and expect.
- You will enhance your technical beauty therapy skills by incorporating the use of electrotherapy equipment for both face and body.
- You will learn to analyse issues that affect the beauty therapy sector and how to respond with effective strategies.
- You will get the chance to select from a range of optional modules which areas you want to specialise in, tailoring your studies to your future career.
Kit / uniform
You will need to purchase a kit and a uniform which portrays UCB’s corporate professional image in our practical areas. The kit will cost approximately £40 and the uniform will cost approximately £65 including your name badge. An optional cardigan is also available to order.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
The Spa facilities
Our state-of-the-art salons feature the latest equipment and are open to the general public. All treatments are carried out by our students - providing you with the necessary skills in order to gain future employment.
Teaching & assessment
Teaching is carried out by appropriately qualified and experienced lecturers and a typical teaching week will have up to 16 contact hours made up as follows:
- Large group teaching - 6 hours of lectures in lecture rooms.
- Smaller group teaching - 3 hours of teaching in smaller groups.
- Practical teaching - 4 hours of teaching in the salon environment. This depends on students entry qualifications.
- Tutorials - 3 hours being a mixture of personal, group and academic tutorials per week.
In addition you are likely to need to commit to 20 hours a week of your own study time in preparation for teaching sessions and preparing for and completing assessment. UCB Online provides a 24 hour access to learning and support material.
Assessment is designed to provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of assessment methods are used.
An estimated breakdown of the assessment for this course is as follows, however this will depend on student’s entry qualifications and module pathways studied:
- Coursework - 70%
- Practical assessment - 22%
- Written examinations - 8%
Please note that the information provided above is indicative only and actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued to students at induction.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
Applicants must have a relevant HNC with a Pass profile or 120 Credits from a higher education qualification (FdA, BA, CertHE, DipHE)
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com
You are encouraged to gain work experience throughout this course through a work placement because it is a great opportunity to put what you have learned into practice alongside qualified professionals. Over the years we have developed close working relationships within the industry so that we can offer you a wide range of placement opportunities alongside your studies.
Our hired@UCB team will make sure that you are well-matched for your placement and support your progress throughout your work experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to move into a wide variety of areas within the beauty therapy sector. Graduates have also gone on to work in spa and beauty promotion, on luxury cruise ships or as self-employed beauty therapy technicians.
Graduating with this degree will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Spa assistant management
- Creative supervision
- Beauty product sales and marketing
- Beauty assistant management
- Freelance beauty therapy
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support.
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.
Read what our current students and alumni love about UCB and how we helped them begin their career in industry.
Beauty Therapy Management
Beauty Therapy Management