We will continue to accept applications for this course after 15 January UCAS deadline date.
This course is for direct entry onto year 2 only for students wishing to transfer.
From local charity fashion shows and music festivals to international business conferences, this course is for those seeking careers in the exciting field of marketing and events management.
UCB has designed this course with leading industry experts to give you the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in this challenging business environment.
You will undertake practical marketing activities as diverse as creative communication design and public relations, marketing research for local businesses, marketing plans, pitching ideas and innovations to events companies and marketing for a local charity.
Throughout the course there are opportunities to customise your studies through a range of specialist optional modules, gain valuable work experience in events and marketing, take part in an industry-based competition and gain an industry recognised marketing qualification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Why should I choose this course?
- If you are thinking of working in a dynamic marketing role, managing exhibitions or festivals, then this course will provide you with the knowledge and experience necessary to succeed.
- You will learn all the main functions of business with regards to managing events and apply them to the industry through live consultancy projects. This will enable you to develop the business ready skills sought after by employers.
- You will be learning from experienced lecturers and industry professionals through a mix of lectures, seminars, workshops, ‘real world’ simulations and guest lectures.
- You will learn how to evaluate the success of marketing and events activities through a range of innovative assessments, including e-debates, academic posters, action plans, digital diaries and hosting a ‘live’ event from planning and procedures to operation and management.
- You will work with real clients, helping to organise events in order develop your industry experience.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
Teaching and assessment
Teaching is carried out by appropriately qualified and experienced lecturers one day per week and in a typical week you will have up to 13 contact hours of teaching made up as follows:
- Large group teaching - 5 hours of lectures in lecture rooms
- Smaller group teaching - 6 hours of teaching in smaller groups discussing topics relevant to the modules. This will also include computer-based activities.
- Tutorials - 2 hours of tutorials (involving personal, group and academic sessions each week)
You will need to apportion approximately 20 hours per week of your own study time in preparation for lectures and preparing for and completing assessments. UCB Online provides 24 hour access to learning and support material.
Assessment is designed to provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and a variety of assessment methods are used. There is a strong focus on the vocational nature of this course including live project work and industry-based assignments.
An estimated breakdown of the assessment for this course is as follows:
- Coursework - 68%
- Practical assessment - 24%
- Written examinations - 8%
Course work could include: building professional portfolios; conducting situation and marketing analyses; and generating management reports and audits. Practical assessment could include: presentations (individual and group) and using creativity and problem-solving skills to generate business solutions. Some modules also have assessments linked to study trips abroad.
Please note that the information provided above is indicative only and actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued to students at induction.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
Applicants must have a relevant HNC with a Pass profile or 120 Credits from a higher education qualification (FdA, BA, CertHE, DipHE)
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com
Optional Work Placement
After completing the first year of this course, you will be given the opportunity to take a 48 week optional placement. If you choose to do so, you will be supported by our highly-experienced hired@UCB staff members who organise presentations and meetings with employers to help you identify the kind of placement you want. Whether your ideal work environment is overseas or somewhere in the UK, there is an extensive choice available.
At UCB, we understand the importance of work placements within academic study, and our employer contacts say they give preference to students with qualifications who also have experience within the field.
If you did well on your placement, there are additional opportunities available – such as recommendation for industry-supported mentoring schemes to guide you through your future career.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates have secured jobs in the public, private and voluntary sectors in event organisers, salespeople, market researchers and PR and promotional positions.
Graduating with this degree will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Conference and venue management
- Exhibition centre management
- Events management companies
- Marketing positions within major companies
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.
Read what our current students and alumni love about UCB and how we helped them begin their career in industry.
Marketing with Events Management
Marketing with Events Management