This one-year International Foundation Diploma is designed to prepare you for degree level study by providing an introduction to the world of business and its related services and gives you the opportunity to develop their English language and study skills.
Successful completion of this course gives you access to a range of higher education courses offered by University College Birmingham in the fields of business, marketing, hospitality and tourism management.
Why should I chose this course?
- You will gain an introduction to business and management that will give you a strong knowledge foundation to build upon.
- You will learn important business and management skills that can be directly applied to the industry.
- You will learn the English language study skills you will need to study at degree level.
- You will undertake a range of industry-related assignments in preparation for higher education study and develop your expertise in areas such as managing tasks, problem solving and communication.
- You will be encouraged to undertake part-time work during your studies in order to further improve your English and develop your knowledge of business and marketing.
Teaching and assessment
English language oral and written skills are taught using active methods to help you understand both formal and informal language usage. A wide range of teaching and learning methods are used to provide experience of language and academic working practices.
English language is tested through verbal presentations, written assessments and exams. Business and marketing knowledge will be demonstrated through essays, reports, presentations and investigative projects.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
For enquiries please contact International Admissions email@example.com.
This course is designed for students who have completed high school but do not have qualifications equivalent to A Levels. International applicants must have an English level equivalent to at least IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 4.5 in each element).
Successful students may continue their studies at UCB for a degree in their chosen field (all students would need to achieve at least 40% overall in the English and Study Skills modules, with a minimum of 40% in each element before progressing).
hired@UCB is our student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, the hired@UCB team comprises specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships and apprenticeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.