From charity fashion shows and music festivals to international business conferences, this course will give you the expertise, knowledge and skills to excel in the exciting field of marketing and events management. UCB has designed the Marketing with Events Management top-up with industry experts to give you the theory and practical know-how to succeed in this challenging business environment.
Why should I choose this course?
- This top-up degree course provides a great foundation to build a marketing/events management career in the UK or overseas.
- You will be learning from experienced lecturers and industry professionals through a mix of lectures, seminars, group work, presentation skills, guest lectures and networking.
- You will learn about Creative Media and Events, Digital and Social Media Marketing; and Leadership and Change Management.
Teaching & assessment
Teaching is carried out by appropriately qualified and experienced lecturers one day per week and in a typical week you will have up to 13 contact hours of teaching made up as follows:
- Large group teaching - 5 hours of lectures in lecture rooms
- Smaller group teaching - 6 hours of teaching in smaller groups discussing topics relevant to the modules. This will also include computer-based activities.
- Tutorials - 2 hours of tutorials (involving personal, group and academic sessions each week)
You will need to apportion approximately 20 hours per week of your own study time in preparation for lectures and preparing for and completing assessments. UCB Online provides 24 hour access to learning and support material.
You will attend one day per week. The timetable is made up of one module per semester with three semesters in total. The research module is started in semester one and completed in Semester three.
- Smaller group teaching - students are timetabled for a 5 hour session per week
- Tutorials - 1 hour is timetabled per week consisting of a mixture of personal, group and academic tutorials.
You will need to apportion approximately 10 hours per week outside of the timetabled hours. Some weeks the amount of time you need for personal study will increase, especially when completing assessments. UCB Online provides a 24 hour access to learning and support material.
The following assessment criteria applies to both the full and part-time route and is designed to provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of assessment methods are used. There is a strong focus on the vocational nature of this course including live project work and industry-based assignments.
An estimated breakdown of the assessment for this course is as follows:
- Coursework - 68%
- Practical assessment - 24%
- Written examinations - 8%
Course work could include: building professional portfolios; conducting situation and marketing analyses; and generating management reports and audits. Practical assessment could include: presentations (individual and group) and using creativity and problem-solving skills to generate business solutions. Some modules also have assessments linked to study trips abroad.
Please note that the information provided above is indicative only and actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued to students at induction.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
Applicants require a relevant HND or a foundation degree with 240 credits.
If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The modules listed on the website for this course are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by industry as well as the latest teaching methods. Unless otherwise stated,
the modules listed above for this course are for students starting in the academic year 2019/20. On occasion, we may need to make unexpected changes to modules and if this occurs,
we will contact all offer holders as soon as possible.
UCB encourages you to seek as much industry experience and exposure throughout your studies and we work with industry providers to offer you a variety of opportunities (paid and voluntary).
Over the years, we have developed close working relationships throughout the child support and education sector. Our hired@UCB team will assist you in finding work that gives you the relevant experience to support your future career plans.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates have secured jobs in the public, private and voluntary sectors in event organisers, salespeople, market researchers and PR and promotional positions.
Graduating with this degree will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Conference and venue management
- Exhibition centre management
- Events management companies
- Marketing positions within major companies
hired@UCB is our new student and alumni support service designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.
Read what our current students and alumni love about UCB and how we helped them begin their career in industry.
Marketing with Events Management
Marketing with Events Management