Once you’ve applied you will receive an email confirmation which allows you to book a date to suit you. Places fill up quick over the summer, so don’t delay
Confirmation of your interview date and time
We will send you an email to confirm your appointment. You will also receive a text reminder the day before your interview.
What happens at interview?
Your interview will be with one of the tutors from the course that you have applied for. This is a chance for us to find out more about you, your career ambitions and to make sure that the you have chosen the right course to suit your career choice.
We realise this might be your first interview, so we will make it as informal as possible. However, read up about your course and the possible careers you are considering.
After your interview you will take a short assessment of your maths and English skills. Please don’t worry, it’s not an entrance test and it will not impact on your offer of a place at UCB
Students who have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 (grade C) or above in maths and English will be given the opportunity to take GCSE maths and English or functional skills alongside their course.
What should I bring with me?
Applicants who are at college or have just left school, should bring the following
- Year 11 report
- Attendance Report
- Work Experience report or reference
- A piece of school work or an assignment
If you are a mature applicant, or left school some time ago, you will need to bring the following with you to your interview:
- A reference from your previous school / college, or employer
- Copies of your certificates
When will I know if I have been accepted?
We aim to confirm your offer on the day of your interview if possible. Sometimes, if we need more information, it may take a little longer. Your offer may be unconditional (definite) or conditional (subject to GCSEs or a reference or school report). Your offer letter will explain the conditions of your offer.
For more information regarding an offer of a place at UCB, please visit “Your Offer” page.
What if I can't attend?
- If you are unable to attend your interview please contact us immediately so that we can offer you alternative date.
- If you have changed your mind and no longer wish to study at UCB then please do let us know. Email: email@example.com
What happens if I am not offered a place?
- If we are unable to offer you a place we will let you know as soon as possible after your interview. We are happy to provide feedback and careers advice to help you succeed in the future.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, please contact our Admissions team:
By telephone: 0121 232 4106
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability and Learning Support
If you have disclosed a physical or mental health disability, health condition or learning need, you will need to bring any supporting evidence of these. We ask that you provide this information so that we can provide all the support you require and to ensure you have everything in place before your course starts. This may include:
- An Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- A Medical diagnosis / letter from GP or other health professional /medical report
- Evidence of additional support received by a school or college
- An Educational Psychologist Report
- Any assessment material or paperwork e.g. for exam concessions
- An Individual Learning Support Plan / Educational Plan
- Other official documentation that supports your disclosure