Your Enrolment

Enrolment begins only after GCSE results are released in August. Each course has a specific enrolment day. You will receive a letter confirming your enrolment appointment time, the details of which will also be available on our website.

Your enrolment details

Please visit our specific enrolment and induction page to view more information.

When is enrolment held? 

Enrolment starts in August as soon as the GCSE results are released. Each course has a specific enrolment day and you will receive a letter confirming your enrolment appointment time, details are also available on our website.

How will I know when to attend? 

We will send you a letter to confirm the date and time of your enrolment. We have a lot of courses so we have separate enrolment sessions for each course. We allocate appointment times to try and reduce your waiting time so please try and stick to your appointment wherever possible. 

What do I need to bring? 

You will need to bring:

  • Identification showing your date of birth, such as a passport, birth certificate or driving licence. 
  • Copies of your GCSEs and other qualifications (result slips or certificates). 
  • Proof if you are claiming benefit.

What happens at enrolment?

On arrival, you will collect your completed enrolment form from our enrolment team. Don’t worry if you haven’t yet completed a form as you can also do this on the day. You will then meet the Admissions team to discuss your GCSE results or other qualifications and they will also confirm your induction and start date. Finally, we will process your student ID (you will need to have your photo taken for this!).  At this stage you can also apply for your 16-18 bus pass. Students aged 19 or over may be required to pay tuition fees, but our Fees Assessment staff will be able to tell you whether or not this applies to you. 

Why do I need an ID card? 

We require all students to have an ID card, which you use each time you enter the building, for security reasons. Please keep the card with you at all times and never give it to anyone else. If you forget your card, you will be asked by our security staff to sign in. They will also check which course you are on. We will charge you for a replacement card, so keep it safe.

What if I can't attend enrolment?

If you are unable to attend enrolment, please let the admissions team know as soon as possible so that we can make alternative arrangements for you. 

What if I've changed my mind and don't want to enrol at UCB? 

If you have changed your mind and don’t want to enrol at UCB you must let us know as soon as possible so we can offer your place to someone else. If you don’t turn up to enrolment and haven’t told us you’re not coming we will contact you to find out if you are still interested. 

Phone and email reminders

If you miss your enrolment and we don’t hear from you, we will contact you by phone or email to find out whether you still intend to enrol. Please remember to let us know if you’ve changed mind or can’t make the enrolment date for your course. 

How do I gain support for my disability or learning need once I have enrolled?

If you have disclosed a disability or learning need on your application form, you will meet an Academic Support Worker (ASW) at your enrolment that will be able to go over the nature of support discussed at the informal meeting prior to your enrolment. The appropriate assistance can then be put into place for you at the beginning of your course.  

How do I gain support with my Health and Wellbeing once I have enrolled?

If you have disclosed a mental health disability or a difficulty with your health or wellbeing on your application, you will have had the opportunity to meet with a member of the Health & Wellbeing team to ensure support is implemented for you at the beginning of your course.

UCB’s Health & Wellbeing Service is free and confidential for all UCB students. The on-campus nurse is available to provide you with practical advice and assistance regarding medical needs, and is available without an appointment on a drop-in basis. The nurse is based within the Student Services Unit, 7th Floor, Summer Row. You can contact the nurse via phone on 0121 604 1000 ext. 2296 or via email:

The service also provides mental health and wellbeing support via Counselling and advisory services. Counselling is a talking therapy which provides you with the opportunity and space for you to talk about anything that you are struggling with, regardless of whether it might be linked to your studies or a personal issue. The Mental Health and Wellbeing Adviser can provide support, advice and guidance to those experiencing a mental health or wellbeing difficulty, and can help you to identify your specific needs, provide practical support, and help you develop the appropriate coping strategies.

You can meet with the Health & Wellbeing team by completing a confidential registration form. This can be accessed via the Student Portal here. To speak to a member of the team, you can call 0121 604 1000 ext. 2220, or email

If you have any questions regarding enrolment, please contact our Admissions team:

By telephone: 0121 232 4106

By email: