Making your Application
To apply for a full-time and part-time college course at UCB, you will need to complete our online application form:
If you have any questions regarding completing your application, please contact our Admissions team:
By telephone: 0121 232 4106
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting your studies
If you have disclosed any additional needs such as a disability or specific learning need, and you have any questions relating to the support services available at UCB, please contact the Centre for Academic Skills and English (CASE):
By telephone: 0121 604 1000 Ext: 2622/2623
By email: email@example.com (Sharon Legg) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Pat Jones)
Health and wellbeing
Alternatively, If you require any support with your health and well-being or have any questions relating to this, please contact the Health & Wellbeing team:
By telephone: 0121 604 1000 Ext: 2220
By email: email@example.com (Counsellor)
What happens next?
You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. Included within this email is a link to book your interview date. All applicants are required to attend an interview, so it is important that you book a date that suits you.
If you are still at school or college, or recently left you will need to bring the following with you when you attend your interview:
- Year 11 report (or Year 10 Report if Year 11 not available)
- Attendance report
- Work experience report
- A piece of school work or an assignment
If you are a mature applicant, or if you left school some time ago, you will instead need to bring the following with you to your interview:
- A reference from your previous school, college, or employer
- Copies of your certificates
If you have disclosed a physical or mental health disability, a health condition or learning need, you will also need to provide supporting evidence of these to your interview. This could be:
- A Medical diagnosis / letter from GP or other health professional /medical report
- Evidence of additional support received by a school or college
- An Educational Psychologist Report
- Any assessment material or paperwork e.g. for exam concessions
- An Individual Learning Support Plan / Educational Plan
- An SEN Statement
- An Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- Other official documentation that supports your disclosure
What happens at your Interview?
Your interview will include:
- A tour
- A course presentation
- An assessment of your English and Maths skills
- An interview with a member of the teaching staff
An informal meeting with a member of staff from the Centre for Academic Skills and English (CASE) and/or Health & Wellbeing Team if you have disclosed a disability, medical condition or learning requirement on your application form. This is to discuss:
- How UCB can support your learning and/or mental health needs
- Agree if attending at a transition event would be beneficial for you
When will I hear if I have a place?
Providing we have all the information which you have been asked to bring with you; we aim to confirm a verbal offer of a place at UCB on the day of your interview. We will also send you an official confirmation email within seven days.
For further information regarding the interview process please visit “ Your Interview ” page .