Higher Apprenticeship: Hospitality Management
- Course length
- Approximately 18 months
This Higher Apprenticeship is ideal for those currently working in the hospitality and catering industry, one of the UK’s biggest employment sectors. This qualification provides an excellent platform for progression for those working in roles within restaurants, hotels and holiday accommodation, cafés, pubs and contract caterers (including schools, colleges, universities and hospitals).
The qualification is suitable for:
- Employees in hospitality and catering who are seeking to advance their career and have the ambition to succeed
- Employees with Level 3 qualifications who want to progress into senior managerial roles
- Employees in supervisory roles seeking to progress
- People seeking to learn while they work rather than follow a traditional degree route
Why should I choose this course?
- Enhance career progression and job satisfaction
- Gain essential supervisory/management skills
- Leadership and management in hospitality
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements
- Developing hospitality teams
- Managing the customer experience
- Hospitality accommodation management (front of house)
- Food safety management for catering (kitchen management)
- Specific modules tailored to meet the needs of you and your employer.
On successful completion of this course students can apply for the final stages of an appropriate degree course at UCB.
Teaching & assessment
An assigned assessor will discuss your needs and visit you at work. You will also attend regular sessions at UCB to enable you to understand the higher level skills and knowledge required to become a senior manager.
Personal learning and thinking skills and employment rights and responsibilities are embedded in the apprenticeship. You will need to complete tasks/portfolios for assessment.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
- Previous experience of working in the hospitality sector
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) qualifications
- Students need to be over 19 years of age
- Working a minimum of 30 hours per week in an appropriate role
If you are in work and want to take an apprenticeship qualification, you can enquire online by clicking on the green apply button on the overview page (see the tab above).
If you require any further advice or information, please contact the Apprenticeship team:
Telephone: 0121 232 4091 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)