Hired newsletter: Issue 5 2018
Welcome to our UCBeyond newsletter for Alumni of University College Birmingham.
Since University College Birmingham Alumni Society was set up, our aim has been to keep in touch with former students and to help them keep in touch with each other.
That continues today and alongside this, to celebrate over ten years of Alumni activity, we would like to offer you more. We will be sending regular updates, holding more focused events and looking to introduce new Alumni benefits.
Would you like to be a part of our Alumni network? We are looking to hold a number of events throughout the year which you can get involved in. By providing your details we can keep you up to date with by contacting you directly. Please email email@example.com with your name, contact number, email address, the course you studied, which year you graduated in and what you are currently up to!
As UCB Alumni, we can offer you:
- Notification of Recruitment Fairs, Employer Presentations and much more via email!
- 5 years careers support including; advice and guidance, CV, Cover Letter, Applications, psychometric testing and assessment centres
- Reduced gym membership for UCB gym facilities, access to our Spa, restaurants, cakes & bakes and Enterprise Hive. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Gym Membership’
- Venue & meeting room hire
As UCB Alumni, you can use our services for up to 5 years following your graduation. You can use Hired Connect to:
- Earn extra cash by finding part time work
- Find your future career by using the job search option
- Employability support in regards to CVs, cover letters, applications and more
- Search upcoming school specific and career events
- Book an appointment with a careers advisor
Research work opens door to a master’s degree. Since graduating from UCB, Rhian Milton-Cole has attained a research scholarship with Kings College London to kick start her master’s studies. Please follow her journey >>
Well done to Rusty Ahearne for winning our last newsletter’ competition ‘Your Favourite Lunch’! Rusty sent a detailed answer with an attached photo harking back to one of his best moments at UCB. Thank you to all who entered the competition. It was great to see many entries around your favourite meals at UCB.
Are you ready for the next competition? For this particular competition, we would like to see photographs of your memories at University College Birmingham, Birmingham College of Food, Tourism and Creative Studies, the College of Food and Domestic Arts, or whichever name you may have known us by while studying here. Photographs could be of a particular achievement, of you together with friends, or anything you feel captures the time you spent studying with us.
We will gather a panel of judges who will review all entries for the competition and they will unanimously pick a photograph that best captures your memories and the winner will receive a £50 Amazon Voucher!
Email your entry to email@example.com alongside your full name, contact number, course studied and year you graduated. COMPETITION DEADLINE THURSDAY 31ST JANUARY 2019, 12PM. WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PHOTOS!
Terms and conditions
Follow Hired on Social Media! We want you to keep in touch with us! For regular updates on job opportunities, employer visits to UCB and events that may interest you please follow us on social media!
Keep in touch
We love to hear from you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can update your details
- Find out which events interest you
- Tell us about your successes
- Find out how to engage with current UCB students as a mentor or inspirational speaker