Nurse and Medical Services
The Nursing Service is here to provide you with practical advice and assistance regarding medical needs while you are studying with us.
The Nurse can assist with a number of practical issues, such as:
- General health advice, such as smoking, diet, on-going illness or health concerns
- Contraception advice and pregnancy risk assessments
- Advice on how to register with a GP or a dentist and how to claim costs
- Provide non-prescription analgesics
- Treat cuts, burns, scalds and any other minor injuries
- Information on immunisations
How do I access the service?
There is no need to book an appointment with the Nurse. A drop-in service is offered in Room 730, situated behind the Student Services Reception, 7th Floor, Summer Row.
The standard opening times of the Nursing Service are as follows:
8am – 4pm Monday to Thursday
8am – 3pm Friday
Alternatively, you can contact the Nurse via:
Phone: 0121 604 1000 (ext.2296)