Our schools liaison and outreach team coordinates a variety of initiatives to raise aspirations and broaden awareness and understanding of higher education.
We run the following activities to encourage young people to progress into higher Education:
- Have a go opportunities are a great way to get a flavour of life at University College Birmingham and find out more about our courses
- Masterclasses provide interactive sessions with our academics to learn more about study at degree level
- Academies for junior bakers, young chefs and waiters are held on Saturdays and run for eight-weeks. At the end of the course, students demonstrate their skills by preparing a lunch or buffet for parents and invited guests
- UniFest summer schools are an initiative run by AimHigher West Midlands. They're a great way for young people to decide if university is right for them
- Apprenticeships are an ideal way to kick-start your career while improving your qualifications and earning money at the same time
- Open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about University College Birmingham and the areas you are interested in studying. Mainly held on Saturdays so parents can attend
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the opportunities on offer, please contact our schools liaison and outreach team.
- The Link, second floor
- 0121 232 4300
Have a go
Each session gives your students a flavour of life at University College Birmingham and the opportunity to find out more about our vocational college courses through practical sessions with our expert team of staff.
Apprenticeships for Employers
Whether you are a small, independent business or a large corporation, public or private sector, we have apprenticeships to suit you.Read more
Giving Job Opportunities
University College Birmingham’s recruitment agency offering a service for employers wishing to recruit students, graduates and postgraduates in the local area.Read more
Work Experience Placements
We firmly believe work experience is the most effective way for you to embed your ‘world of work’ and occupational skills, as well as providing employers a fantasti…Read more
Room and Facility Hire
The availability of facilities varies throughout the academic year but if we can help you, we will. Please give us a call and confirm what you are looking for and when…Read more
University College Birmingham is home to 7,500 students on a wide range of programmes, from apprenticeships and college courses to degrees and postgraduate qualifications.Read more