Our schools liaison and outreach team coordinates a variety of initiatives to raise aspirations and broaden awareness and understanding of higher education.
We run the following activities to encourage young people to progress into higher Education:
- Have a go opportunities are a great way to get a flavour of life at University College Birmingham and find out more about our courses
- Masterclasses provide interactive sessions with our academics to learn more about study at degree level
- Academies for junior bakers, young chefs and waiters are held on Saturdays and run for eight-weeks. At the end of the course, students demonstrate their skills by preparing a lunch or buffet for parents and invited guests
- UniFest summer schools are an initiative run by AimHigher West Midlands. They're a great way for young people to decide if university is right for them
- Apprenticeships are an ideal way to kick-start your career while improving your qualifications and earning money at the same time
- Open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about University College Birmingham and the areas you are interested in studying. Mainly held on Saturdays so parents can attend
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the opportunities on offer, please contact our schools liaison and outreach team.
- The Link, second floor
- 0121 232 4300
Have a go
Each session gives your students a flavour of life at University College Birmingham and the opportunity to find out more about our vocational college courses through practical sessions with our expert team of staff.
Our schools liaison and outreach team coordinates a variety of initiatives to raise aspirations and broaden awareness and understanding of Higher Education.Read More
While studying, it is important to manage your finances and access any help to which you are entitled. Our staff are here to give you the support and advice you need.Read More
Health and wellbeing
We know good health and wellbeing are essential for you to enjoy your university experience and study effectively. Our dedicated team are here to help you.Read More
Helping you get hired
hired@UCB is our dedicated careers, employability and placements service for students and alumni at University College Birmingham.Read More
At University College Birmingham, we are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment, and our Disability Support team are here to advise and provide support th…Read More