The Spa is open to the public, students and staff and offers a range of beauty treatments, hairdressing, massage and sport therapy services at reduced prices.
Located in Newhall Street, The Spa is based at Richmond House, one of the University’s three city centre locations.
The Spa is equipped to a high commercial standard. There are three modern hairdressing salons, offering cut and blow drys, colour correction and much more, as well as three beauty suites, all professionally run by our highly trained staff and students.
For ultimate relaxation, The Spa has a steam room, sauna, spa pool and a dry flotation room, as well as changing rooms and shower facilities.
Beauty treatments range from a basic manicure to make-up application, hot stone massage and spa body wraps.
In addition to the spa facilities, sports therapy students offer a selection of specialist treatments in clinic sessions, including pre-event and remedial massage, injury treatment and rehabilitation programmes. Find out more information about our sports therapy clinics.
Students conducting the treatments are trained to the highest professional standards and will make sure that your visit to The Spa is an enjoyable experience.
Please note, as our students are training, some treatments may take a little longer to carry out and your patience is appreciated. We ask you to sit back, relax and enjoy your time with us.
Opening hours vary to fit in with student timetables. However, The Spa is generally open Monday to Friday during term time (September to June).
Please call The Spa reception to make an appointment: 0121 604 1020.
- Half price IPL consultations and patch test now £10 (normally £20) subject to availability
- Within our make-up specialist classes - make-up application and instruction free of charge, Eyelash/brow tints and threading only £1.00 each.
- Level 2 hairdressing only £1.00 per treatment
- Free make-up application/Instruction or eye treatment when paying for any other Beauty treatment/hair service. Only available in Make-up Specialist classes (subject to availability. Patch test required for all eye treatments at least 48hours in advance.
Introducing 2 New Treatments at The Spa
- IPL Skin Resurfacing - This laser treatment provides and superficial to deep peeling effect. Used on the face and body including hands and neck for mild acne, mild wrinkles, stretch marks, mild scarring and promotes a more even skin tone. (£25.00) A patch test is required for this treatment. The cost of the patch test (£10.00) is redeemable against an IPL Skin Resurfacing Treatment.
- Mesopeel Chemical Peel - This mesopeel facial is a chemical peel procedure that works by accelerating skin regeneration in a controlled manner through the application of chemical exfoliation products. This pharmaceutical grade chemical peel is used for pigmentation, mild acne and improves skin texture for a more luminous appearance - special offer £15.00 (usually £25.00)
All treatments and offers are subject to availability.