What happens next?
If you have a vacancy and you’ve decided to employ an apprentice, the next steps are:
- Contact UCB’s central apprenticeships team – you will be assigned a personal apprenticeship adviser to ensure the whole process is as hassle-free as possible
- UCB will work with you to promote your apprenticeship vacancy
- Potential candidates will be contacted and, where suitable, interview preparation offered by specialist UCB teams - applicant details will be forwarded to you for consideration
- Agree programme with UCB and ensure suitable fund management
- Sign a formal contract for services with UCB
- Sign an apprenticeship commitment statement with your apprentice – this provides details of what the employer has agreed to do for the apprentice, including:
- how long the apprenticeship is for
- the training you’ll give them
- their working conditions
- the qualifications or standards they are working towards
- signatures of all parties including parents/guardians of under 18-year-olds
Ready to get started?
Interested in discovering more about how we can help with your apprenticeships? Contact us: