International Student’s Guide


CONTENTS: Our staff have a wealth of experience in working with, and teaching, international students. As well as academic and welfare support, we have a dedicated international centre to assist you with: THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TEAM 2. THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TEAM 3. GETTING TO UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 4. CHECKLIST 5. ACCOMMODATION 6. IMPORTANT INFORMATION 8. STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY 10. LIFE AND WORK IN THE UK 13. THE FIRST FEW WEEKS 13. USEFUL CONTACTS 14. STUDENT STORIES 15. CAMPUS MAP GETTING TO UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM There are two options for getting to University College Birmingham from the airport. Please read the following information to help you plan your journey to our campuses: Option 2: Train – costs approximately £5, takes around 15 – 20 minutes. The ‘Air Rail Link’ is a free monorail service between the airport and Birmingham International train station. You can board the Air Rail Link from the second floor of the Terminal 1 Departures area at the airport. The Air Rail Link takes two minutes to get to Birmingham International train station and operates between 05:15am and 02:00am daily. You then need to take a train to Birmingham New Street station. Once you are at the train station, get a taxi to your accommodation (more convenient, especially with heavy luggage, than walking). Option 1: Taxi – black cabs are available just outside departure area. These are approximately £25 – £30 and take about 30 minutes. This is the quickest way to get to the campus from the airport and is recommended if you are arriving late in the evening or if you have heavy luggage. Uber and Bolt are available and can be booked on home country accounts. VISAS AND IMMIGRATION INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS LIVING EXPENSES ACADEMIC SKILLS AND ENGLISH ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSES ORIENTATION PROGRAMME (SEPTEMBER AND FEBRUARY) EUROPEAN AND INTERNATIONAL LINKS WORKING IN THE UK HEALTH AND WELLBEING Soraya Rafaela Bodalec Student Immigration Advice and Compliance Officer Xiai Zhang International Recruitment Officer Bharat Sakhuja Director of International Recruitment Santa Prancane Regional Director Mishal Sardar Student Immigration Advice and Compliance Officer Tomas Krivanek International Planning Officer PAGE Ivana Dundovic International Recruitment Officer Viaceslav Janc Associate Director Student Immigration Compliance Lucy Meakin Associate Director - International Partnerships Sasha Samatova International Recruitment Officer Ikemesit Nkereuwem-Tim International Recruitment Officer INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT TEAM VISA COMPLIANCE TEAM INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 2 3

Make sure you have a valid passport and a valid visa. As it can take several weeks to open a UK bank account, you need to bring enough money to cover your initial expenses. You can also check online banks such as Monzo and Revolut before arriving in the UK. Take photocopies of your important documents (passport, visa etc.) in case you lose them in transit or while in the UK and keep these copies in a safe place. If you plan to stay in university accommodation, make sure you apply and pay your deposit by the date outlined in your contract. Make arrangements to take out insurance for your personal belongings. This is best done before you leave for the UK to cover your journey and the first few days in Birmingham. Plan how you will travel from your port of arrival in the UK to your accommodation in Birmingham. Make sure you inform the Disability Support Service at University College Birmingham if you are likely to require any specific support or arrangements because of a disability. It may be beneficial to pre-order bedding and kitchen equipment before you arrive at University College Birmingham. This can be done via our partner UniKitOut using discount code UCB10. Make sure you pack or buy warm clothing, as the weather in the UK can be cold: in winter, the average temperature in Birmingham is 7°C during the day and 2°C at night. The UK also experiences lots of rain, so make sure you pack a waterproof coat too. If you want to work while you’re here, you may want to pack a formal outfit for interviews. In England, the power plugs and sockets are type G. The standard voltage is 230V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz. Make sure you buy an adaptor(s) for your electronic devices and chargers if you need them. If you are planning to stay in the UK for more than just a few weeks, as an international student, it might be more convenient to get a UK SIM card and mobile number. You can have a look online and see which mobile contract is more suitable for you. If you do not wish to get a contract, you can purchase a SIM only deal – we would recommend Giff Gaff. CHECKLIST HOW DO I APPLY FOR STUDENT ACCOMMODATION? If you are planning to apply for student accommodation at University College Birmingham you can do so via the website: Make sure you apply as soon as you get an offer letter from the University, so that you have enough time to provide the relevant documentation needed for the contract. If you have any queries, you can always contact If you are travelling from abroad, you can pre-book all your bedroom and kitchen equipment through our partner All orders will be delivered to your accommodation before you arrive. OUR ACCOMMODATION FEES The weekly rent for 2023/24 is £125 standard / £148 en suite. Our annual contract is 42 weeks, from September to June – many universities and private providers only offer 45–51-week contracts. With us, you won’t be charged in the holidays, which is a £2,000 saving. All prices include heating, lighting, Wi-Fi and contents insurance. WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO GET A TENANCY CONTRACT? If you are planning to stay in our student accommodation, you will only need to sign and return the contract and provide the details of a guarantor. If you are renting privately, the most common documents that need to be checked are identity documents, income or employment status, and credit references. You can read more about which documents you will need here: tenants/tips-for-tenants/what-documents-do-you-needto-rent-a-house-or-flat DEPOSIT/TENANCY RIGHTS When your tenancy contract ends, or when you want to end your contract in advance, you are entitled to get your tenancy deposit back, if you have not damaged the property and/or have given enough notice to the landlord. You can get more information from Citizen Advice’s website. ACCOMMODATION INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 4 5

VISA AND IMMIGRATION INFORMATION HOW DO I APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA? You can check the required criteria to apply for a Student Visa here: You can also check our guide for Visa applications here: international-students/visas-and-immigration/. TUITION FEES HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY TUITION FEES? Here international-tuition-fees/ is the current tuition fee list for international students. If you are an EU student who has pre-settled or settlement status, you can apply via student finance for support with your fees. You can check the requirements to apply on UCB’s website undergraduate-fees/#eustudents HOW CAN I GET FURTHER FINANCIAL SUPPORT? If you are experiencing financial difficulties or worried about your money, contact or visit the financial support section on our website. BANKING HOW DO I OPEN A STUDENT BANK ACCOUNT? To open a student bank account, you will need the following documents: photo ID (e.g. passport or driver’s licence), proof of address (e.g. recent utility bill), proof of student status (e.g. acceptance letter from university or letter from student services). In order to request your bank letter, please email stating your student ID. Please make sure you do not send the request until you have enrolled. You can visit Save the Student’s banking section to know more about opening a student bank account, and to get a breakdown of the benefits of the top-rated banks that offer student bank accounts. For information about bank accounts that are specifically good for international students, they have this article: top-international-bank-accounts-uk.html ONLINE ENROLMENT If you have been offered a place at University College Birmingham, you will be sent an email from our Admissions team to complete your online registration. It is really important that you complete your online registration before you are able to proceed to online enrolment. For more information click here. HEALTHCARE HOW DO I GET MEDICAL ASSISTANCE IF I AM FEELING PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY UNWELL? You can access the Nurse and medical services in Summer Row if you need general health advice, have minor injuries, or would like to get more information on how to register with a doctor (GP). You can also access the Mental Health and Wellbeing service via the student portal if you are experiencing personal difficulties and you think you would benefit from speaking to advisors or attend a counselling session. If you would like to receive general support and guidance during your course, you can contact the Student Engagement Team via the student portal where you can book an appointment. HOW DO I REGISTER WITH A GP? Registering with a GP is one of the most important things to do as soon as you arrive to the UK, even if you will be staying for a short period of time. This will ensure that you get all the help and assistance that you need if you become ill, without having to pay for visits or appointments. On the other hand, if you do not register with a GP, but go to a walk-in centre, you will have to pay for that consultation. Some services, such as dentists and opticians, will not be free of charge unless you are entitled to free treatments. Anyone can register with a GP, and there is no need for proof of address or immigration status. Visit to get more information from the NHS website on how to register with a GP. How do I find the closest GP to where I live? It is usually best to register with a GP that is close to the area where you live, so that you can easily access the facilities whenever you need. to search for the medical centres close to your area. DO I NEED TO PAY FOR MEDICATION? If your GP prescribed you some medication, and you do not have any exemptions, you will need to pay the current prescription charge of £9.35 per item. As a student, you can apply for the NHS Low Income Scheme. Visit to help with fees for medical services. IMPORTANT INFORMATION The My Healthy Advantage app is available to download and register on iOS and Android. To get the complete health and wellbeing support visit Google Play or the App Store. To register and gain access to the My Healthy Advantage mobile app, you will require your ID code: MHA ID Code – MHA145988 SELF HELP The free Health Assured app offers access to health and wellbeing support at the tap of a finger anywhere and anytime. Support services include: Weekly mood tracker Support videos and webinars Four-week programmes Home life support and advice Physical and emotional health Mini health checks Wellbeing videos and webinars Medical information STUDENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME This free and confidential service is designed to help you deal with personal or academic problems that could be affecting your home life, health or general wellbeing. The SAP service provides a complete support network with unlimited access to a 24/7 confidential counselling helpline that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance, covering a wide range of issues. This includes the option of structured counselling sessions from trained counsellors, over the phone. To speak to a BACPaccredited counsellor or legal advisor for free at any time of day or night, just call 0800 028 3766. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 6 7

LETTERS You can access a letter confirming your student status through the My Letters option in the UCB Portal Menu. You will also be able to view, download, print, or share a Bank Letter for any of the ten city centre banks, plus an International Status letter confirming enrolment status and confirmation of permission to work. The letter is generated automatically. OUR STUDENT ENGAGEMENT The Student Engagement Team are here to support you throughout your studies, ensuring you have a direct point of contact to discuss any challenges you may be facing. We: Organise events to enhance your student experience Offer 1-1 coaching Keep an eye on how well you are engaging with your studies and get in touch if we think you may need some support You can email us at, call us on 0121 604 1000 or book an appointment with us here: FINANCIAL SUPPORT If you find yourself in an emergency financial situation, please contact the financial support team or visit them at The Link on the ground floor inside Student Services. Hired is our impartial careers, employability and placements service for students and alumni at University College Birmingham. Whether it’s guiding you towards your ideal placement, preparing you to stand out in the job market or backing you in setting up your own business, our dedicated team have the specialist knowledge and experience to help craft you into a confident, career-ready graduate. Come and meet us at the start of your studies, don’t leave it until your final year. There is so much one-onone practical advice we can offer throughout your time with us. Careers guidance – advice, tips and support Support finding placements and work experience Employability skills hiredConnect – e-learning and careers resources platform Unitemps – onsite recruitment agency helping students find work on and off campus STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY CAMPUS GUIDES The practical facilities across our campuses – all developed with real industry in mind – are fast-growing, while we have also invested £6.1 million into fresh-thinking learning support spaces, giving you the very best environment to expand your mind. Sustainable and easy to navigate, each campus has its own distinct character and has been designed specifically to enhance the student experience. OUR BUILDINGS INCLUDE: Camden House (CH) James Cond (JC) Moss House (MS) McIntyre House (MH) Summer Row (SR) The Link Tours and more details of our campuses can be found on the website here. STUDENT SERVICES Student Services is based on the ground floor of The Link and is a one stop shop for all students, providing information, advice and guidance on non-academic matters. A range of support is available through the Student Services team and there is no need to arrange an appointment, just drop in and speak to a member of the team. They offer advice on: Accommodation Financial support Health and wellbeing Student engagement 1-1 coaching As soon as you enrol at University College Birmingham, whether you’re a college student or a university student, you automatically become a member of the Guild. Run by students, for students, the Guild is your students’ union and the home of student life at University College Birmingham. To find out more about what the Guild do, their events and the societies you can join, visit their website: Enrolment: 29 January – 1 March 2024 Orientation: 5 – 9 February 2024 Induction: 12 – 16 February 2024 SEMESTER 2 19 February – 24 May 2024 Exam Period: 29 May – 7 June 2024* SEMESTER 1 30 September 2024 – 17 January 2025 Exam Period: 20 – 24 January 2025* TERM AND KEY DATES Our Centre for Academic Skills and English (CASE) offers tailored support to all students at University College Birmingham, enhancing your study experience and helping you achieve your goals. We offer a range of support and resources, while our friendly staff are always available for you to chat to in the strictest confidence. Based within CASE, our Academic Skills Centre (ASC) is open to all our higher and further education students, offering a range of study-based support delivered by our academic development tutors/academic librarians to help you achieve your full potential. You can book 30-minute one-to-one appointments each week at The Link (6th floor). These can be face-to-face, via email, or via video conference. In addition to the ASC, all students have automatic access to high-quality, interactive online resources. HE students are given access to our Assignment Life Cycle resource. The courses have been developed by us and are in our Canvas Virtual Learning Environment. These resources offer a variety of online materials, including videos, fact sheets and quizzes covering an array of subjects. CENTRE FOR ACADEMIC SKILLS AND ENGLISH Note: Term dates for Nursing programmes are different *There may be additional examination periods during the academic year. These will be confirmed during induction. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 8 9

LIFE IN THE UK Birmingham has a very diverse and multi-cultural population. Our community at the University includes students from many different nationalities, cultures and ethnicities. Men and women have equal rights in the UK. It is unlawful to discriminate against anyone for reasons relating to gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, pregnancy or belief. At University College Birmingham, you can expect to be safe and treated respectfully in line with British laws and values. Equally, we expect you to behave in line with this and have zero tolerance for anyone not adhering to it. FAITH/RELIGIOUS BUILDINGS Birmingham Central Mosque 180 Belgrave Middleway, Birmingham B12 0XS Birmingham Buddhist Centre 11 Park Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8AB Gas Street Church 41 Gas Street, Birmingham, B1 2JT is near to The Maltings accommodation, but for different types of churches in different locations, visit St. Chads Cathedral St Chads Queensway, Birmingham B4 6EU Ramgarhia Sikh Temple 51 Graham Street, Birmingham, B1 3JR Birmingham Central United Synagogue 4 Speedwell Road, Birmingham, B5 7PR Shree Geeta Bhawan (Hindu Temple) 107-177 Heathfield Road, Birmingham, B19 1HL LIFE AND WORK IN THE UK THINGS TO DO IN BIRMINGHAM Recommended by our students: 1 Cadbury world 2 Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery 3 Ghetto Golf 4 Legoland Discovery Centre 5 The National Sea Life Centre 6 Cannon Hill Park 7 Nando’s 8 Glee Comedy Club 9 Cineworld 10 Walkabout (Guild affiliated) SPORTS AND FITNESS University College Birmingham is happy to have several sport teams. These teams compete in the BUCS (British University & Colleges Sports) leagues against other universities. Being a member of a sport team can enhance your time at university by keeping you physically active and helping you meet new friends. Football (men’s) Rugby (men’s) Basketball (men’s) Basketball (women’s) Netball (women’s) Jiu Jitsu (mixed) Each team will have at least one hour training per week with a professional coach, with competitive matches being held on Wednesday afternoons. More details will be available at WelcomeFest. LOCAL GYMS Moss House Gym (at University College Birmingham) • 3rd Floor, 3 Holland Street, Birmingham B3 1QH The Maltings Gym (at University College Birmingham) • Granville Street, Birmingham B1 1SB The Gym Group • Broadway Ladywood Middleway, B16 8HA • City centre, 79-84 High Street, B4 7TE Pure Gym • Fiveways Entertainment Centre, Broad Street, B15 1DA • 1 Snow Hill Plaza, St. Chads Queensway, B4 6HY • Arcadian Centre, 80 Hurst Street, B5 4TD Anytime Fitness • Harborne Court, 67-69 Harborne Road, B15 3BU NEARBY SUPERMARKETS AND SHOPS BATHROOM, BEDROOM, KITCHEN B&M Priory Square Shopping Centre B4 7LL Primark 38 High St, Birmingham B4 7SL Argos Union St, Birmingham B2 4SH FOOD Morrisons 30 Hagley Rd, Birmingham B15 1TR Tesco Express Bath Row, 165 Granville Street, Birmingham B1 1JW Oriental Supermarket 100 Holloway Head, Birmingham B1 1NB DISCOUNT STORES Poundland 76-77 Corporation St, Birmingham B2 4UQ Bullring Markets Edgbaston St, Birmingham B5 4RB Smoking – In 2007, England imposed a complete smoking ban in public places. All university residences and buildings are non-smoking. This also includes smoking in cars with anyone under the age of 18 and taxis. Make sure you take notice of non-smoking zones in public areas. If you are in the company of others, it is polite to ask if they mind whether you smoke. Water – Tap water in the UK is tested regularly and very regulated, so is safe to drink unless told otherwise. Toilets – British toilets are the flushing, pedestal type. Toilet paper is provided and should always be flushed away after use. Separate facilities are usually available for disabled people and for nappy/baby changing. Electricity/plugs – British electricity works on 230 volts/50 cycles and most sockets take 13-amp square pin fused plugs. Make sure your electrical equipment can be used safely at this voltage. Adaptors can be purchased in most shops. Climate – Britain gets cool with wet winters and warm, wet summers. It rarely features the extremes of heat or cold, drought or wind that are common in other climates. The weather conditions are also very changeable, so be prepared for the weather to change rapidly. HOW DO I USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT? Birmingham City Council’s website has a very insightful section on transport that will help you find all the necessary information on how to use each different type of transport – bus, National Rail, West Midlands Metro, etc. You will get advice on how to purchase tickets, ticket finders, timetables, journey planners and much more. Additionally, you can use apps/websites like NX Bus and Trainline to plan a journey and/or buy tickets online for buses and trains. If you are planning to take the bus and you want to pay in cash, make sure you have the exact change needed for your ride, as the machines cannot give change back. On average, you can find slightly cheaper prices online or paying contactless instead of using cash. Transport for West Midlands Student Discounted Travel Coming to the UK for the first time may be very different to what you are used to. If you are having trouble adjusting to UK life and need someone to talk to, get in touch with the wellbeing team; or if you are looking to engage with like-minded people get in touch with the Guild of students INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 10 11

THE FIRST FEW WEEKS WORKING IN THE UK HOW DO I ORGANISE MY CV? If you need help to make or organise your CV, you can get support from the Hired team via the Portal. You can also get assistance and advice on how to prepare for job interviews, how to find a placement or how to improve your employability skills. HOW CAN I GET A JOB? Hired can support you if you are looking for a job or placement experience. You can also access Unitemps for internal roles and HiredConnect through the Portal for external roles. Birmingham has a vibrant city centre with many shops and places to eat and stay. Therefore, you can print your CV and walk around town looking for opportunities in hospitality and retail. WHICH OTHER WEBSITES CAN I USE FOR JOB HUNTING? Nowadays, there are many job-hunting websites such as LinkedIn and in the job search engine in Hired Connect (Indeed). You can easily find many more online. There are lots of recruitment agencies in Birmingham that you can sign up to who will help you find a job. Depending on the type of contract and the area of employment you are interested in, you could also try OfftoWork, a hospitality staffing company that offers both temporary and permanent positions. Alternatively, Office Angels offer office and secretarial positions. HOW DO I APPLY FOR MY NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER? You only need to apply for your National Insurance Number (NIN) if you are planning to work, claim benefits or apply for a student loan. You can only apply once you are in the UK. You can currently only apply for a NIN if you have entered the UK on a Visa. For more information, click here. CAN I WORK IF I HAVE A STUDENT VISA? If you have a Student Visa, you can work up to 20 hours per week during term time, and full-time during vacations. You can also take a work placement as part of your course. For more information, click here to see the government’s indications, or here for an article about what you can and cannot do on a Student Visa. DO I NEED TO PAY FOR TAXES? If you are employed, you will most likely have to pay tax for your income. However, most people in the UK get a Personal Allowance of tax-free income. This means that if you earn £12,570 per year or less, you do not have to pay taxes on that income. Click here to find out more about income tax, and here if you want to set up your personal tax account, where you will be able to check your record and manage your details with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). DO I NEED TO PAY FOR NATIONAL INSURANCE? Just like Income Tax, the amount of National Insurance you pay depends on your employment status and how much you earn. Typically, your National Insurance Contribution (NIC) will be deducted alongside the Income Tax from your wage before you get paid. To find out more about NIC, follow this link. HOW DO I BUILD A NETWORK? HOW CAN I START MY OWN BUSINESS? Our Enterprise Hive is the right place to go if you are thinking about starting your own business or building a professional network. You will get one-to-one consultations with advisers, workshops delivered by experienced professionals, mentoring from leading firms and much more. If you have any queries, contact, or click here for more information. UK EMERGENCY SERVICES 999 in an emergency call, this number and an operator will ask if you need police, firefighters or an ambulance. 101 if you need to speak to the police, but it’s not an emergency. 111 if you have a non-emergency medical problem and you’re unsure what to do, this line is available 24/7 and a fully trained advisor will help you. OUR CONTACT DETAILS 0121 604 1000 Our main phone number +44 121 232 4458 / +44 121 232 4462 UCB international student centre (for international calls) or 0121 604 1000 from the UK SOCIAL MEDIA UCB OFFICIAL @ucbofficial UCB INTERNATIONAL @ucbinternational UCB STUDENT ENGAGEMENT TEAM @ucbstudentengagement USEFUL CONTACTS ENROLMENT AND INDUCTION On-campus enrolment will be held from 29 January – 23 February 2024. Students will be contacted prior to on-campus enrolment to start the process online. Once enrolled, you will be able to collect your student ID card, which gives you access to all the campus facilities. For dates of other international welcome events, please check the website here. WELCOMEFEST Induction week will start on Monday 12th February 2024. On Thursday 15th February come along to Moss House for Welcome Fest. This is an opportunity to learn about the societies you can join and how support departments can help you, as well as play games, enjoy food and drink and meet new people. TEACHING Teaching starts the week beginning Monday 19th February. You will get your timetable during the induction period. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 12 13

Library of Birmingham Snow Hill Station Birmingham City Centre New Street Station 01 02 05 03 06 04 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 SUMMER ROW THE LINK CAMDEN HOUSE JAMES COND MCINTYRE HOUSE MOSS HOUSE THE MALTINGS University College Birmingham Snow Hill New Street Bullring & Grand Central Moor Street Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery Library of Birmingham Broad Street A38 Birmingham City Centre The Maltings The Maltings 10-15 minutes' walk away 07 New Street Station: 10 mins walk Moor Street Station: 20 mins walk Snow Hill Station: 6 mins walk Digbeth Coach Station: 20 mins walk Birmingham Airport: 40 mins Drive A41 NEW JOHN ST W A38 GREAT CHARLES ST QUEENSWAY A38 (M) A38 (M) A456 A4540 A4540 A34 M6 M6 A4540 A4540 A4540 A435 A34 A4167 A45 B4135 01 07 04 05 06 03 02 CAMPUS MAP STUDENT STORIES Birmingham is a multicultural city and we get to interact with lots of international students. For many, like me, English is not their first language, but after joining the University, you can visit the Academic Skills Centre to get help with your assignments and polish up on your English skills. From childhood, I dreamed of becoming a good businessman and now, I am on the right track. It is wonderful to study here. The University has a great reputation inside and outside the country and I would recommend it. Afroz Ahmed Hospitality Business Management BA (Hons) My lecturer, Annie, was excellent. She was so warm and guided us with patience, helping us to cope with the challenges of studying in the UK. I had a wonderful time and it was good to make new friends and build close friendships. We supported each other in learning, stayed together to enjoy leisure time, and went on trips together, making it easier to adjust and adapt to a foreign country. Yuk Ha Wicky Cheung Culinary Arts Management MA Coming from Croatia to Birmingham was the best and bravest decision I ever made, my lecturers worked incredibly hard to explain everything they could, giving brilliant presentations and explanations to transfer as much knowledge as possible. Maja Bosanac Global Meetings and Events Management MSc Without the links I made though the University, it would have been impossible to find two work placements and obtain really valuable experience for when I completed the course. My lecturers always got involved in our academic development, and the facilities are perfect if you want to study in a similar environment to an elite sports club. Being such an international institution helped me make friends from all around the world and understand different cultures. Javier Fernandez Strength, Conditioning and Performance MSc INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S GUIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM 14 15

Our aim has been to provide the most up-to-date information as possible in this guide, but please do check University College Birmingham’s website if you have any further questions as information on there is updated regularly and may have changed since the creation of this guide. Summer Row, Birmingham B3 1JB 0121 604 1040