FE Celebration and Awards Ceremony 2015
Read time: approx 2 mins
A gallery of photographs from the event is available here (to save a photo simply right click and select 'save image as').
UCB’s Level 3 students celebrated completing their courses in style at a Celebration Event evening at Birmingham Town Hall, held in recognition of all their hard work and achievements.
UCB’s Pro-Vice-Chancellor Alex Lofthouse began the night with a special welcome to friends and family before Vice-Chancellor & Principal Ray Linforth took the floor to congratulate the students and begin the presentations. Student of the Year and Memorial Awards were offered to certain students for outstanding effort and achievement from each academic school.
The winners of these awards were as follows:
The John Slaughter Memorial Award
- Danieka Webster – CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education
- Ann-Toni Greaves – Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Elizabeth Fiducia – FDQ VRQ Level 3 Diploma in Professional Bakery
The Helen Betteridge Memorial Award
- Lesleyanne (Lily) Coulson – Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness)
FE Outstanding Students of the Year
- Haseena Hussain – Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Sean Fleming – Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness)
- Luke Dcaccia – VRQ Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Rebecca Tink – Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
Outstanding Apprentice of the Year
- Jemma Cashmore – Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
UCB Outstanding English Student Award
- Stacey Mckeown – NVQ Level 3 Hair/iGCSE
UCB Outstanding Mathematics Student Award
- Chelsea Madden – Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care/GCSE
Students celebrated with their lecturers and fellow students and had commemorative photos taken by a professional photographer.
"It was my privilege and pleasure to be able to congratulate our students on their achievements and also share the sense of prides from their families and friends. Every year I see more students and their families and friends attending than ever before. The achievements of our further education class of 2015 are amongst the highest ever, with many gaining top grades, places at university and national recognition in top industry competitions."