From high street chic and vintage clothing to designer labels, the latest digital gadgets and locally made jewellery, you will be spoilt for choice on a shopping trip in Birmingham.
Top 5 shopping facts
- Grand Central, Birmingham’s newest shopping attraction, boasts more than 60 stores, restaurants and cafes, and was built as part of the £750 million redevelopment of New Street station.
- The Bullring Birmingham has more than 160 stores and 35 food outlets – guarded by the famous five-tonne Bronze Bull.
- The city’s big name department stores include Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, John Lewis and House of Fraser.
- The Custard Factory, in Digbeth’s creative quarter, has more than 30 cool independent shops selling everything from vintage clothing and urban indie labels to art and funky furniture.
- The historic Jewellery Quarter, a short walk from UCB, is home to more than 100 craft outlets and specialist shops – and 40% of British jewellery is made here.