European Union

EU students can apply through Student Finance for a tuition fee loan in order to pay for your course, whilst you are studying towards your first undergraduate degree or PGCE.

This means that there is no need to pay any upfront tuition fees to go to university.

Any loans provided by Student Finance only have to be repaid once you have left the course and are earning more than £21,000 per year.

If you are an EU student who has been living in England for more than 3 years prior to the start of your course, you can apply through Student Finance England for a maintenance loan to help you with your living costs, as well as a tuition fee loan. Please note that you will be asked to provide documentary evidence of your residency in England.