I have been told that I have to do a bridging course; can I still get Student Finance for this?
If you have completed a Foundation Degree or a HND, you may wish to study for one extra year in order to achieve a BA(Hons) or a BSc(Hons). However, although you may have successfully achieved a Foundation Degree or a HND, you may not have achieved enough credits to progress directly onto the final year of a BA/BSc (Hons). If this applies to you, you will be offered the opportunity to complete a bridging course before being offered a place on the final year.
The bridging course is delivered online therefore you will not be required to attend lectures at UCB. You will NOT receive any Student Finance whilst you are studying this. This is because the module(s) you study on the bridging course do not form a qualification, but simply allow you to gain enough credits to progress onto the final year. You will therefore need to be prepared to support yourself for living costs for the period of time you are studying these modules and you will need to be able to pay the fees for studying the bridging course. The cost of this course will be as follows:
- 1 module on the bridging course - £292
- 2 modules on the bridging course - £584
You can pay for your bridging course fee in 2 instalments, however, you must pay the first instalment before you can be enrolled on the course. The dates of the instalments are dependent on your start date:
||For courses starting September 2015
||For courses starting February 2016
||25 September 2015
||5 February 2016
||30 November 2015
||31 March 2016
How to pay your tuition fees
Tuition fees can be paid using the following methods:
- In person at the 1st Floor Finance Office in the Summer Row building, by cash, cheque, and most major credit/debit cards. Cheques should be made payable to UCB.
- Over the phone on 0121 232 4017 using most major credit/debit cards.
- Online by visiting www.ucb.ac.uk and selecting the link for “Online payments” from the menu on the Homepage.
- Directly into the University’s bank account. Please telephone 0121 232 4017 or email email@example.com for the University’s bank account details.