MSc / PGDip / PGCert / CPD
- Course length MSc
- 18 months full-time / 2.5 years part-time
- Course length PGDip
- 1 year full-time / 2 years part-time
- Course length PGCert
- 0.5 years full-time/1 year part-time
- CPD 20-credit modules
- 0.5 years full-time
- Fees (Home/EU)
- View tuition fees
- Fees (International)
- View tuition fees
Open evening - Wednesday 9 May, 5.30 - 8pm
Our open days are a great opportunity to get an insight into our unique atmosphere and you will get to meet our staff and students.
The global aviation industry has experienced significant growth in the number of air passengers, reaching 3.6 billion in 2016 (IATA, 2017). Alongside this growth, the industry continues to operate within a rapidly changing environment and faces challenges in sustaining competitiveness and offering effective, safe and efficient passenger experiences.
Accordingly, this has created a demand for managers who possess high-level knowledge and skills to succeed in this exciting industry. This course focuses on passenger aviation operations and management, whilst enabling you to specialise in a range of business/management subject areas. This flexibility means that you may tailor the course to your particular career aspiration within a range of aviation organisations, including airlines, airports, airport authorities, civil aviation departments and aviation consultancies.
This course has been developed with industry professionals and is a recognised Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence. The course focuses on enhancing your management potential by developing your critical thinking, leadership, problem-solving, creativity, communication, research and analytical skills to make an immediate impact on an aviation organisation.
During your studies, you will have a number of opportunities to engage with industry experts through our live industry consultancy projects, our visiting speaker programme, our creative dialogue sessions (where you will network and debate contemporary themes), our industry mentor scheme, our industry events, and through our links with professional bodies. The course also offers you an opportunity to undertake an optional placement that you have secured through the support of our employability-focused centre, hired@UCB.
An exciting feature of this course is the ‘international live industry project’, where you will travel to an overseas destination and apply your skills and knowledge to a real industry consultancy context. Previous students have completed projects in the Gambia, the Azores (in Portugal), the Canaries, Cyprus, Madeira and Dubai.
View the latest edition of the Traveller@UCB magazine.
Why should I choose this course?
- UCB is an Institute of Travel & Tourism ‘Centre of Excellence’ and a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate courses with a national and international reputation.
- You will network and engage with industry, including having the benefit of a ‘professional mentor’ to offer career guidance and advice throughout the duration of your course.
- We place a strong focus on experiential and action learning to ensure the development of high-level skills and knowledge.
- The ‘international live industry project’ is a fantastic opportunity to travel abroad, gain experience and use the skills you develop on your course in a real industry environment.
- UCB’s well-developed international links are reflected in our thriving international student body, which makes for a diverse and friendly atmosphere.
Teaching and assessment
Lectures, guest speakers, seminars, creative dialogues, industry events and e-learning activities will facilitate your advanced learning and skill development in this exciting, global aviation industry. There is also a range of action-learning opportunities through scenario-planning, simulations and industry live projects
You will be assessed through consultancy projects, case study analysis, professional presentations, business reports, essays, discussions and debates and an individual research project (for those undertaking the MSc). All assessments are individually-marked.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
You will require a relevant undergraduate degree (or equivalent) from a recognised institution (if your degree is not related to Aviation Management, please contact our Admissions team so that we can discuss your application on an individual basis). Candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
UCB’s standard English language requirement for postgraduate study will apply (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Options - choose one (semester 1)
Options - choose one (semester 2)
You will have the opportunity to undertake an optional six-month placement on the successful completion of the taught part of your course. You are required to secure your own placement with the support of our highly experienced hired@UCB team, who have a diverse mix of experience in a wide variety of industries.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to move into a wide variety of areas within the global aviation industry.
Graduating with this MSc will enable you to pursue a career path in:
- Airport and airline operations and planning
- Airport and airline business development
- Aviation marketing and digital media
- Aviation consultancy
- Aviation authorities
hired@UCB is our student and alumni support service, designed to provide a single reference point for information, advice and guidance regarding opportunities to develop and demonstrate employability and enterprise skills.
Based on the 7th floor of our Summer Row campus, in newly-refurbished facilities, the hired team comprises of specialist and qualified staff with knowledge and experience of:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Placements, work experience and volunteering
- Employer engagement
- Part-time and seasonal work
- Internships, apprenticeships and traineeships
- Graduate schemes and alumni support
- Unitemps – UCB's recruitment agency
Find out more about hired@UCB services.