University College Birmingham is now an Examination Centre for Spanish DELE exams. These are open to UCB students as well as external candidates.
The DELE Diplomas (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) are internationally recognised and enjoy great prestige not only among public and private educational institutions and authorities, but also in the business world and chambers of commerce. They are issued by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education.
The DELE exams cover all levels from beginners to proficient speakers, or A1 to C2, based on the Common European Framework for Languages. UCB modern foreign languages modules are also aligned with the Framework
Dates and Levels
Instituto Cervantes determines when the DELE exams are held. The next DELE examination at UCB will take place on:
- Saturday 21st May 2016
- The enrolment period for this exam is between February 15th and April 6th 2016.
We are aiming to offer exams for levels B1 and B2 only, but will consider other levels depending on the interest and demand (minimum 4 candidates per level). Contact us if you are interested in a higher/lower level (see contact details below).
Exam Fees 2016
Exam fees vary depending on the examination level. The University subsidises part of the fees and is able to offer a 15% discount to UCB students.
Fees for UCB students
Fees for external candidates
In order to register for an exam you will need:
- A UCB booking form
- A DELE enrolment form. Please print two copies and fill them both in.
- A photocopy of a form of ID which contains a photo and the following information: identity, nationality, place and date of birth. These details must correspond with the information given on the enrolment form.
- Bring or post these document to the Cash Office in the Finance Department (Summer Row, Birmingham, B3 1JB) and pay the corresponding fee (in person, by post or over the phone on 0121 232 40 17).
- You will receive an official receipt by email/post, together with the date, time and place of the examination.
UCB students can prepare for the DELE exams by enrolling in language classes (via UCB Online, classes start at the beginning of each semester) and attending exam-specific workshops (scheduled once a week) at no additional cost.
Preparation courses are only available to UCB students although the examinations are also open to external candidates (subject to a minimum number).
For further information please contact Daniel Valles:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 0121 232 42 13
In person: room 800 Summer Row
Level information and exam format
General conditions and requirements