DELF / DALF Exams
University College Birmingham is now an Examination Centre for French DELF/DALF exams. These are open to UCB students as well as external candidates. The DELF/DALF Diplomas (Diploma of French as a Foreign Language) are internationally recognised and enjoy great prestige not only among public and private educational institutions and authorities, but also in the business world and chambers of commerce. They are issued by the Institut-français on behalf of the French Ministry of Education.The DELF/DALF exams cover all levels from beginners to proficient speakers, or A1 to C2, based on the Common European Framework for Languages. UCB modern foreign languages modules are also aligned with the Framework:
|DELF Diploma in French
||European Framework Reference
||UCB Equivalent Level
|Diploma in French Level A1
||Beginners / Improvers
|Diploma in French Level A2
||Improvers / Lower Intermediate
|Diploma in French Level B1
||Upper Intermediate / Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
|Diploma in French Level B2
||Modern Languages and Cultural Studies (Advanced Learners)
|Diploma in French Level C1
|Diploma in French Level C2
Institut Français decides when the DELF/DALF exams are held. The next DELF/DALF examination at UCB will take place in:
- March or June 2016 (see enrolment form for dates)
UCB students can prepare for the DELF/DALF exams by enrolling in language classes (via UCB Online, classes start at the beginning of each semester) and attending exam-specific workshops (scheduled once a week) at no additional cost. Preparation courses are only available to UCB students although the examinations are also open to external candidates (subject to a minimum number).
Exam fees vary depending on the examination level (from £50 to £135). The University subsidises part of the fees and is able to offer a 5% discount to UCB students.
In order to register for an exam you will need:
- An enrolment form, which you can download here: Enrolment Form (PDF).This must be filled in and sent by post or handed in to UCB.
- A form of ID which contains a photo and the following information: identity, nationality, place and date of birth will be needed for the examination; these details must correspond with the information given on the enrolment form.
- Pay the corresponding fee. Please note that UCB only accepts payments in cash or by credit/debit card – you can either pay in person in the Finance Office (1st floor, Summer Row) or over the phone on 0121 232 40 17.
- Once you have enrolled for the exam, you will receive confirmation by post, together with the date, time and place of the examination.
For further information please contact Carnette Richardson-Jacquet:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 0121 232 40 46
In person: room 800 Summer Row