Lead Adult Care Worker
- Course length
- 14 -24 months
The Lead Adult Care Worker apprenticeship provides an opportunity for you to develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace. It is an integrated programme of knowledge and skills acquisition, developed alongside core behaviours expected of a competent worker operating in a regulated field in the health and social care sector.
This apprenticeship will signify recognition of competence in a role and enable progression to higher levels of skills development.
The course is aimed at those who work in health and social care services, typically in these settings; nursing or residential homes, domiciliary care, clinical healthcare settings and day centres, working as:
- Senior healthcare assistants
- Senior healthcare support workers
- Deputy managers
- Assistant managers
What is involved:
The course content includes respecting and promoting rights, values and behaviours, communication, safeguarding, championing the health and wellbeing of individuals and work colleagues and professional development.
Apprentices undertake their programme of study in a suitable care setting and complete the Care Certificate as part of a high-quality induction programme, as well as the Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3 (England). Apprentices will also need to acquire Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths. Apprentices then undertake a mandatory end-point assessment once the recognised diploma, functional skills and Care Certificate have been achieved. The synoptic end-point assessment will include two distinct components. Firstly, the completion of a situational judgement test answered through a multiple choice exercise (but not necessarily undertaken as an online or computer-based test) and, secondly, a professional discussion.
Teaching & assessment
Flexible through work-based learning and assessment, taught sessions (at UCB) and online delivery. Attendance at UCB, 1 day per month.
- Minimum age 19 years old
- Working for at least 30 hours per week in an appropriate role
- You are required to undertake the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result prior to starting
- The Care Certificate must be achieved as part of the Apprenticeship Standard, as well as the Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2, and Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Experience of working in the health and social care sector