Care Leadership and Management (England) Higher Apprenticeship
- Course length
- 18 months (Attendance one day per month each semester)
The Higher Apprenticeship in Care Leadership and Management provides an opportunity for you to develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace. The course is designed to enhance capability for supervisory management and provides opportunity for personal growth and development by integrating academic and work-based learning. You will be supported with academic skills and enhanced practical skills in the development of leadership and management within the care sector.
In order to start the Apprenticeship, candidates will need to have full support from their line manager.
The course is aimed at those who work in health and social care services, typically in roles such as:
- Co-ordinators / Team Leaders
- Healthcare Support Workers
- Managers / Assistant Managers
- Registered Managers
- Senior Care / Support Workers / Supervisors
Why should I choose this course?
- Develop key management skills that will facilitate change in the healthcare sector
- Develop mentoring and coaching skills
- Career progression and job satisfaction
- Improving support and patient-focused care.
The Care Leadership and Management Higher Apprenticeship course includes the following subject areas:
- Assessment of the individual in a health and social care setting
- Developing health and safety risk management policies
- Developing, maintaining and using records and reports
- Facilitating a change in health and social care
- Facilitating coaching and mentoring of practitioners
- Leading and managing a team within health and social care
- Understanding professional management and leadership in health and social care.
UCB is a provider of ‘Outstanding’ vocational courses with excellent achievement and satisfaction results. We are currently in a position whereby we can offer this qualification at no cost to the employer. However, please note that this is for a limited period only.
Completion of this qualification will enable career progression through the Agenda for Change Bands 1-4. Opportunities for further study at degree level are provided with the potential to progress onto pre-registration nurse training.
Teaching & assessment
You will need to complete tasks and a portfolios for assessment through work-based learning, taught sessions at UCB and online delivery.
Our teaching and assessment is underpinned by our Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy 2015-2020.
- Students need to be over the age of 19
- Working a minimum of 30 hours per week in an appropriate setting
- Level 3 qualification or significant experience in the health and social care sector
If you are in work and want to take an apprenticeship qualification, you can enquire online by clicking on the green apply button on the overview page (see the tab above).
If you require any further advice or information, please contact the Apprenticeship team:
Telephone: 0121 232 4091 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)